Grand Cine

MLK Weekend Thread | 3-Day/4-Day Estimates: Mean Girls 28/32, Beekeeper 16.8/19.2, Wonka 8.4/10.9, Migration 6.2/8.3, Anyone 6.9/8.2

Holds next week are going to be very strong. If anyone remembers January 2016, movies like The 5th Wave and Dirty Grandpa had 3x multipliers despite pretty bad critic and audience reception. I’m looking forward to it.

Beekeeper should do 50-60M total. 100 seems a little safer for Migration compared to what Deadline was initially forecasting. Boys in the Boat could make a run for 50, although I wouldn’t count on it. 35 for Iron Claw is very solid, I hope it can build enough interest to gain an Oscar nom or two.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, crazymoviekid said:

For the first 6 weeks of D+, these how the three compared...

Soul - 43M (74M Subs)

Luca - 65.55M (103M Subs)

TR - 60.18M (162M Subs)

I mean it charted. Just not as high, but was also at a time of fewer subs. 

Soul dropped hard after those six weeks. Not so much TR and Luca.

28 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

-8% LW !

Locked for +20M before Oscar nominations 

Now let´s see, if Searchlight does a good job fully expanding it and selling it along the nominations, beating The Favourite is a strong possibility, amazing results anyway

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

EntTelligence says that Mean Girls played well out of teen groups, who only showed at 10% per their measure. Non-family numbered 82% while familes attended at 8% with women overall buying tickets at 75%. Biggest demo for EntTelligence on the film were 26-35 year olds at 34%. Those under 25 were only 37%. Seventy six percent of the attendance for Mean Girls was between 1PM-8PM. Overall, 3M attended Mean Girls according to box office stat firm EntTelligence.

Don't think 100M is happening for ABY with that number, unless it can somehow mange to increase next weekend. I'm thinking around 85-90 for it, which is still damn impressive. 

Wonka may struggle to hit 200, but I think it can crawl over with zero competition for the next few weeks. Overall, a Christmas lineup like this isn't too bad.

Wonka - 205M

Aquaman - 125M

Migration - 105M

Anyone But You - 90M

Color Purple - 60M

Boys in the Boat - 50M

When you think about it, those 6 alone pretty much come close to what Avatar grossed last year. Obviously there will be a hole in the box office since there was no "mega grosser" this Xmas, but it really isn't a terrible result all things considered.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

-8% LW !

Okay, maybe this could get close to The Favourite after all, if Searchlight plays its cards right. Even in a depressed market compared to 2018, this would still be incredible for something so unconventional and off-putting.

• Like 1