Grand Cine

MLK Weekend Thread | 3-Day/4-Day Estimates: Mean Girls 28/32, Beekeeper 16.8/19.2, Wonka 8.4/10.9, Migration 6.2/8.3, Anyone 6.9/8.2

6 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Dune has 8 rating on imdb with over 700k votes. I think people deifintely liked it and wow the number of votes is insanely high

The Internet is the #1 place hard sci-fi like Dune would be adored though. Especially especially IMDB 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It's funny cause those demos keep saying they have zero chemsitry. Maybe they are just jelly Tomdaya shippers but I'm seeing the zero chemsitry sentiment on Z and/or Timmy friendly spaces. Fauxmoi adores Z yet every time Dune is brought up they shit on Timdaya chemsitry. 🤷‍♂️

Well that’s part of my point… I think they hooked in a bunch of people with the first movie who expected something it absolutely wasn’t. Don’t think said audience will be back again 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well that’s part of my point… I think they hooked in a bunch of people with the first movie who expected something it absolutely wasn’t. Don’t think said audience will be back again 

Ah OK I get it now. 

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I’ve said before I think the pandemic boosted Dune not hurt it. It was the first real spectacle blockbuster release for the better part of a year and I think a ton of people checked it out who otherwise wouldn’t have (even if it was on streaming). 

It’s anecdotal but I have a whole ton of anecdotal evidence of people who aren’t normally into hard sci-fi who watched it and hated it (or were bored more aptly). I would be especially surprised if a lot of the female and/or gen z demo comes back, since the Zendaya and Chalamet of it all seemed to be a big hook for that audience. But seems like once they actually saw it, it was a hard no. 

It's gonna be that again this year, isn't it?

• Like 1

The same user (u/RelevationAnimations) who predicted The Flash and Aquaman to flop along with the Barbie and Mario to be mega hits is predicting Inside Out 2 to blow up. I REALLY REALLY hope this happens, it would be crazy if it did like $1.2B worldwide

And I also really hope the cameo-fest will make Deadpool 3 will have reception like GOTG 3 or NWH than MoM or Quantumania (the latter two had bad reception and then crashed with bad legs)

Edited by HummingLemon496

1 minute ago, HummingLemon496 said:

The same user (u/RelevationAnimations) who predicted The Flash and Aquaman to flop along with the Barbie and Mario to be mega hits is predicting Inside Out 2 to blow up. I REALLY REALLY hope this happens, it would be crazy if it did like $1.2B worldwide

I mean, anyone who doesn't expect IO2 to be huge is delusional. Probably between that and Despicable Me 4 for highest grossing of the year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dallas said:

I mean, anyone who doesn't expect IO2 to be huge is delusional. Probably between that and Despicable Me 4 for highest grossing of the year

It's gonna do a billion. Though Disney+ might hurt it.

Believe Harrison Ford GIF by Indiana Jones

Edited by HummingLemon496

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

It's gonna be that again this year, isn't it?

I mean we’ve still had big budget movies over the past several months, audiences just haven’t turned out big for any. 2021 had what, Shang Chi, before Dune for a spectacle release? And I don’t know if the big screen spectacle element was really as present there. 2020 like 1 or 2 post pandemic. 

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Wait is RelevationAnimations me?!? 

Except 1.2b is way too high for IO2. 1b if everything goes perfect. It will have to fight for its life to 300 DOM with WOM WOM WOM 

Edited by MovieMan89

2 minutes ago, dallas said:

Furiosa is going to make $1B after Fury Road couldn't even cross $400M?

Batman Begins didn’t either, it didn’t stop The Dark Knight. Not saying it will happen but who knows. If it’s even better than Fury Road it could happen. People will be starving for a theatrical event.