CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World: Rebirth | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards to direct

I really really appreciate that Hollywood has given us (me) a Godzilla/MonsterVerse or Jurassic World movie nearly every year since 2014. Only shamefull years in that regard were 2016, 2020 (understandable) and 2023.

Then again, 2016 we (i) got Shin Godzilla and 2023 was Minus One ...

Man, we (i)ve been eating good this last decade for real ...

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

On 5/30/2024 at 11:27 AM, filmlover said:

All these quality actors agreeing to play second fiddle to CGI dinosaurs. :hahaha:

Though who knows, maybe this will actually be good! Can't be worse than Dominion, right?

'Money Talks, No One Walks".

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 5:02 PM, ThomasNicole said:

Amazing cast, very surprising to see some many high caliber actors on it 

Maybe the project is good afterall, hoping Gareth will deliver a visual spectacle with actual weight 

Hell, I will be happy if just avoids the silly plotlines, the last two films had. I am not expecting any great depth from a JP Film, just something that does not insult my intelligence.

I still maiatina the only good films in the Jrassiac franchise were the origianl JP and the first JW movie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Man it's actually fucked up how many tickets Jurassic World (2015) sold. It's at 66M domestic admissions. Even if this does $400M that'd be around one half of Jurassic World 1 admissions. 

Its not fucked up its well deserved.

People really like to forget that JW1 was like the perfect summer blockbuster. People ate it up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, John Marston said:

Now we are talking. If Edwards managed to do a film as visually robust and impressive as The Creator with only 79m, I can only imagine what he is going to do with triple that budget, holy cow.

Edited by Belakor

I was very sceptical about this movie when it was announced (i still believe the series needed a much longer hiatus), but i cant help myself, im already very hyped for this.

Godzilla (2014) is unironically one of my favourite blockbusters ever from a blockbuster filmmaking style (Cinematography/Lighting/Sound), so im dying to see what Edwars has in store for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

I was very sceptical about this movie when it was announced (i still believe the series needed a much longer hiatus), but i cant help myself, im already very hyped for this.

Godzilla (2014) is unironically one of my favourite blockbusters ever from a blockbuster filmmaking style (Cinematography/Lighting/Sound), so im dying to see what Edwars has in store for us. 

Fantastic fate change, too, from the normal June date. What feels more like summer than the 4th of July weekend? And what's a more quintessential summer blockbuster than a Jurassic movie? I love it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Really hoping Koepp delivered with the script. Edwards can deliver the visuals. He just needs a good script to back him up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1