kayumanggi

INSIDE OUT II | 48.8M overseas | 110.8M worldwide

I noticed Wall-E has added like $10 million to its cumulative total on the-numbers and had a rerelease in Korea this year. Was it really that big? Would be funny if a rerelease of that outdid Lightyear.

Also does seem like this would be the time to reintroduce all the Pixar classics in that market, given how popular they are there at the moment. So I'm wondering if anything else got a bump. 

5 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I noticed Wall-E has added like $10 million to its cumulative total on the-numbers and had a rerelease in Korea this year. Was it really that big? Would be funny if a rerelease of that outdid Lightyear.

Also does seem like this would be the time to reintroduce all the Pixar classics in that market, given how popular they are there at the moment. So I'm wondering if anything else got a bump. 

I don't see anyone talking about that re-release in the South Korea thread here on BOT so I doubt that it made that much. Probably just an error.

Deadline: Inside Out 2 positively crushed its opening with a $295M worldwide debut. That includes an astonishing $140M from only 38 international box office markets. When using current exchange rates and in like-for-like markets, the $295M global start is bigger than record-holder The Super Mario Bros Movie. Using a similar metric, the Kelsey Mann-directed Inside Out sequel is the best international animation opening of all time (surpassing Frozen 2’s $135.4M). 

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 5
  • Astonished 1

20 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

That Mexico number....still in shock

Next week is the start of the Copa America, this year being the whole continent. Hopefully it doesnt impact the legs in Latam

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PatrickvD said:

This is a dizzying performance considering the state of movie attendance. And it has some markets to go.

Unbelievable. 

40% more.

5 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Highest opening weekend ever in Colombia and Turkey, second highest in Mexico, Argentina, Central America, Chile and Uruguay, third largest in Philippines.

That Spain connection. :hahaha:

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1