charlie Jatinder

Weekday Numbers (3/25-28)

Dune is keeping the IMAX for a 5th weekend at one of its biggest grossers, Scotiabank Toronto. Godzilla x Kong will have to manage with just regular screens on its opening weekend. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

This statement is certainly not true. Unlike publicly reported BO, which subject to peer reviews, the so-called “sources” does not face the same scrutiny and a lot of time it was just a “claim” where no one can cross examine or even bother to address. That is why I never buy that WB inflated dune preview grosses claim and i believe it is merely a round up. 

There was plenty of data in the tracking thread that heavily indicated a lower number; the “source” aka Charlie only confirmed after the fact 

And look, he and I don’t always agree, but he has given absolutely no reason to doubt his accuracy on reported figures in the entire time on these boards, so when he says a fudge happened, I believe it 

• Like 6
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, M37 said:

There was plenty of data in the tracking thread that heavily indicated a lower number; the “source” aka Charlie only confirmed after the fact 

And look, he and I don’t always agree, but he has given absolutely no reason to doubt his accuracy on reported figures in the entire time on these boards, so when he says a fudge happened, I believe it 

He is on my ignored list

I know it probably won’t make much difference but it’s so pathetic that they’re still doing the 45-day thing even for movies that people actually wants to watch in theaters 

• Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Dune 2 has, as of Monday, started outgrossing Batman 2 daily. Which has obviously started to increase it's percentage of total gross.

After last Tuesday, it sat at 68.8% of Batman's total gross. It's now up to 70.8%. If it starts increasing at about half a percent a day, we can get this up to 80% and a potential $300 mil finish.

• Like 7

Just now, ChipDerby said:

Dune 2 has, as of Monday, started outgrossing Batman 2 daily. Which has obviously started to increase it's percentage of total gross.

After last Tuesday, it sat at 68.8% of Batman's total gross. It's now up to 70.8%. If it starts increasing at about half a percent a day, we can get this up to 80% and a potential $300 mil finish.

For those curious, if it drops the same today as Batman dropped on the same day, it would increase the percent from 70.8% to 71.2%, just under half a percent. So this is certainly possible.

2 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

For those curious, if it drops the same today as Batman dropped on the same day, it would increase the percent from 70.8% to 71.2%, just under half a percent. So this is certainly possible.

Tough though with Godzilla vs kong 

5th weekend Batman only had to deal with morbius which did 39 million ow and dropped off cliff after 

Godzilla vs kong is far bigger competition and will take a lot of imax screens away from dune 2

Only reason to fudge up to 45 is so that it's bigger than afterlife, probably to appease someone internally is my guess, I seriously doubt anyone outside of Sony cares about that. And the difference will be made up for in the coming days/weeks, the actual dom total won't be affected.

• Like 1