kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 80.01M G×K: THE NEW EMPIRE | 11.35M DUNE II

20 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

I would assume it's because a lot of producers think that he just doesn't fit the bill as that type of romantic lead. He's perfect as Spider-Man, but I think most people can't take him seriously beyond that. 

Is he still doing that Romeo and Juliet play? If so, curious how that will be received.

It's strange that both Holland and Chalamet have the twinkish thing down, but there's something sensual about Chalamet that Holland is missing. Like, I'd hang out with Holland, but I'd fuck Chalamet. I dunno...

Shrugs GIF

I don't think you need to be the MOST conventionally attractive to be a romcom lead. When Harry Met Sally is still the omega in the genre IMO and it stars Billy Crystal who isn't exactly a Chalamet.

Also as an aside but related, I feel like Tom Holland has Tom Hanks wholesome superstar energy that modern day studios don't know how to channelize beyond Spidey. 

This ended up being a pretty strong March overall. Ghostbusters the only movie to truly miss expectations (and even then, no one can claim the writing wasn't on the wall for it in advance).

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This ended up being a pretty strong March overall. Ghostbusters the only movie to truly miss expectations (and even then, no one can claim the writing wasn't on the wall for it in advance).

I didn't think the writing was on the wall. Had they actually planned out a non-suicide release date I think the movie would have still likely underperformed but not done THAT badly. Splitting the team between the old and new members and having too many characters pleased no one. This is all on Sony's tactics.

23 hours ago, JimmyB said:

If this wasnt a holiday weekend Ghostbusters probably has a Marvels like drop.

GB holds notably stronger than the Marvels, as early as its first Sunday where it was already 2m ahead of the marvels. And it is doing much better than the Marvels during its first set of weekdays. It is holding nothing like the Marvels, with or without Easter 

18 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Not good , can the movie surpass the 100M Mark ?

I think still can. SoD is 67m and DnD was 61m after 10 days and both of them finished at 95m-ish whereas GB is already 73m. 

• Like 1

That's a ridiculous hold for Deuxne. $300mil pretty much locked now.

EDIT: seems The-numbers put up the wrong number, still, pretty solid and still slightly better than last week. $300mil in good shape though maybe not locked per se.

Edited by AniNate

25 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Pretty good hold for a horror movie , i think he could have a pretty good run for the genre on digital

I didn’t like the movie, but it does have an effective “see it to believe it” finale that makes it exciting for horror nerds who don’t have anything else to watch. Though we’ll see how First Omen impacts it next week.

27 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

I am actually quite surprised by GxK having a A- cinemascore. The movie stay pretty stable at 93% on VA which normally should translate to A. 

I think it's a big scale, A- here should be closer to A than say something like Dominion which got A- but me think it was closer to B+.

Columbia's definitely off to a rough 100th anniversary celebration with Madame Web and Ghostbusters being nonstarters. We'll see if that ends up being true for their entire 2024 slate.

DUNE: PART TWO has now earned $134M worldwide in IMAX theaters--7th highest grossing IMAX title of all time, of any time.

IMAX repped $20.5M globally with GODZILLA x KONG--$8.8M (11%) domestic, $11.7M international...with a massive $7.5M from China alone.

• Like 1