kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 27.75M THE FALL GUY | 8.72M SW: EP I - TPM | 7.59M CHALLENGERS | 6.50M TAROT

55 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Does this have any more markets left to open? It's still 50M behind KFP3 internationally, even if it's about to outgross it worldwide.

The numbers for The Fall Guy and Tarot aren't good. Tarot is the usual Screen Gems joint ( meaning it was crappy, but wasn't that expensive ), so it might recoup some money in the long haul. Is there any good Screen Gems horror flick? The Unholy got a C+ CinemaScore and The Grudge ( 2020 ) got an F CinemaScore. So, Tarot getting a C- was predictable

The Fall Guy has a insanely high budget for the kind of movie it wants to be. A budget of 130 million ( some reports say it's higher ) plus whatever was spent with marketing ( it wasn't small. I swear I saw this trailer everywhere ). I haven't watched it yet ( may give it a chance once it gets a home release ), but the trailer did nothing to me. I wasn't impressed at all. The premise was very meta, imo. I usually dislike the idea of movies about movies. This movie is 100% focused on a Hollywood movie about a stunt guy trying to find a missing Hollywood star. Not excited to see it. 

All in all, I went to see Garfield and I'm glad I made the right choice. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

If GXK survives apes next weekend .  Could squeak to 200m Dom.

Some nice Garfield numbers. Still think this is winning May box-office.

And yet Garfield will most likely  be the worst reviewed movie of the studio movies this month. But  Yet people are being more choosy and selective in these post Covid/inflation times. Uh UH

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

The numbers for The Fall Guy and Tarot aren't good. Tarot is the usual Screen Gems joint ( meaning it was crappy, but wasn't that expensive ), so it might recoup some money in the long haul. Is there any good Screen Gems horror flick? The Unholy got a C+ CinemaScore and The Grudge ( 2020 ) got an F CinemaScore. So, Tarot getting a C- was predictable

Don't Breathe? 
Evil Dead 2013? 

That's pretty much it, I think. 

13 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Does this have any more markets left to open? It's still 50M behind KFP3 internationally, even if it's about to outgross it worldwide.

China isn't into 'murican movies so much anymore, that's the big difference

15 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

I believe it hasn't been released in Japan, but I can't find any info.

KFP3 was officially a China/US co-production and KFP4 was considered a US foreign import, so it was subjected to stricter revenue sharing and distribution regulations. It's only made about $50 million there compared to KFP3's $150 mil

40 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Hmm. 🤔🧐

Good? Bad? Or just ok? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Just slightly below KP4 in those markets. Now I guess Garfield should be able open to 55m here. 

I do feel like the timing with the earlier releases in those countries was a factor being the first kids movie in awhile. Still not sure that will be the case so much in the US given presales are not very impressive so far and it's opening after IF here.

4 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Just slightly below KP4 in those markets. Now I guess Garfield should be able open to 55m here. 

I really hope Garfield does end up being decent at least. Still have no interest but don't need a another eh animated movie blowing up because you know people got to take the kids to something and those nostalgic  adults without kids who read Garfield when they were growing up.

30 minutes ago, AniNate said:

This seems like a very promising hold. It's still got Japan to open in as well so about $70mil intl / $120mil ww seems doable 

Can you explain your math here?

Are we expecting Japan to contribute at least $20M which is more than Elemental did this past summer? 

17 minutes ago, AniNate said:

China isn't into 'murican movies so much anymore, that's the big difference

Such different times we live in. Kung Fu Panda 3's China gross was a whopping 41% of the OS total. Kung Fu Panda 4's China gross is only 15%. Like obviously there's a ton of political reasons why, so it's not surprising, but good thing the rest of the world decided they wanted to see a new Kung Fu Panda now instead of 8 years ago.

• Like 1