kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 27.75M THE FALL GUY | 8.72M SW: EP I - TPM | 7.59M CHALLENGERS | 6.50M TAROT

This is the new normal. The decline in theater attendance plus an all time high cost for tickets prices. Add in you can own an 80 inch TV for under 500 bucks and you can find pretty much any movie you want online with a few clicks.  A movie needs a hook (well known IP like Garfield) or FOMO factor to get the average person or family to the theater. 

Kingdom of Heaven lead the first weekend of May 2005.....19 years ago the weekend total box office was 87 million.  Total box office the weekend of May 2024 probably 77 million.

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/weekend/2005/05/06

• Like 1

Also that Kingdom of Heaven OW translates to something close to 40M in 2024 when you add grow of ticket prices, US population and that these movies now how IMAX + LPF screens.

I think it's fair that some of the political stuff going on right now is dampening vibes. I know it is in my neck of the woods. Esp as it affects young Americans, those most likely to show up for this after Barbie. 

Not surprised by the lack of general interest in The Fall Guy. Are general audiences interested to see a Hollywood movie about a stung guy trying to find a Hollywood star? The whole concept is way too much meta, imo.

Hopefully the twist isn't that the bad guy is called David Zaslav, because I can seasily see that happening in movies like this.

I usually dislike the concept of movies about movies. It's quite limited on its own and defeats the idea of fiction. This and actors playing themselves in a movie about Hollywood, wich this seems to be. Pass.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Boxofficerules said:

Is Tarot kicking its ass?

Ign gave it a 2/10 and said: "No need to read the cards. There's no future here"

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Haha 1