AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

7 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

CoCo  at $730m WW ... I officially apologize to this thread for predicting/calling this a relative flop for Pixar. Proved me wrong, it's a huge success. 

It got to 730M earlier than I thought, maybe it will get to $800M afterall.

I'm kicking myself for not watching this in theaters. This was fantastic. As someone of Hispanic descent, this film was so relatable. I loved seeing all these themes and messages my family tried teaching me as a child. Visually its a wonderful pleasure. It's great to see Hispanic culture respected, and above all, celebrated. 

• Like 1

wonder if it gets a small boost and reaches 210 dom. how likely is 800 ww? this has been a freaking over-performer. dom seems 10-20 short due to the trending in first 20 days, when despite a 5-day ow of 10 less than moana it started matching it's dailies for a couple of weeks before slowing down. but before the release i was not expecting it reach 205-210.

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

wonder if it gets a small boost and reaches 210 dom. how likely is 800 ww? this has been a freaking over-performer. dom seems 10-20 short due to the trending in first 20 days, when despite a 5-day ow of 10 less than moana it started matching it's dailies for a couple of weeks before slowing down. but before the release i was not expecting it reach 205-210.

$800M is entirely dependent on Japan at this point. Seeing how they don't seem to be showing estimates for overseas grosses at this point until it comes out it Japan, I'd wager it'll have to do around $60M in Japan to get to $800M WW.

I mean even if it doesn't, $750M+ is still a mighty fine sum for Coco. And I was doubtful that this could even reach $500M WW before it came out.

Domestic:  $209,726,015    26.2%
Foreign:  $590,800,000    73.8%

Worldwide:  $800,526,015  

A very well deserved $800M in my opinion. 7th lowest domestic for Pixar (though $209.7M isn't shabby), but 2nd highest for international and 5th highest worldwide. 
  • Like 10

Seeing this thread bumped again makes me want to rant about how cynical Pixar discourse has become. Still bitter about how it got so miserable in here a couple months before release (around the 30s pages in here). Granted seems like it's gotten a little better on the forum for their more recent movies.

Cool that it's getting a live adaptation.

• Like 1