AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

More and more Pixar movies have been getting the PG rating lately.

As long as there's some direct peril in your films, it's not hard to get a PG rating these days. The MPAA has been getting stricter and stricter over the years. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Goffe said:

I can’t see an ounce of potential in these trailers. This looks like it could have been made by any other animation house.

this.

Even as a pixar fan I just can't. Looks mawkish as hell. they could have picked any damn story they do something similar to TGD. Dead father with son trying to prove himself worthy to fill his shoes, over-emotional coming off age drama with a stupid sidekick on an adventure.

Will be funny when Ferdinand outgrosses this.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

On 24/09/2017 at 3:36 AM, Fullbuster said:

I'm a Pixar fan but I must admit this Coco seems pretty uninspired...but still it's Pixar and it's about Mexican culture, something that should be more seen so I'll watch it :)

2 hours ago, Blankments said:

The new trailer keeps this as a movie that looks pretty mediocre to me, but I'll see because of the pedigree and because of the Mexican culture. It just constantly looks blah to me. :/ 

If anything, I'm actually annoyed that they picked Dia de Muertos as the theme for their first Mexican/Latin culture based movie. That's already been done before multiple times, in pretty interesting ways. Netflix's Legend Quest, an animated series produced by a Mexican company, has horror elements but it barely relies on Dia de Muertos and instead focuses on other, less explored aspects of Mesoamerican mythologies (and blends them with aspects of other world mythologies). It's refreshing and comes across as better because of it.

Coco's direction seems as original and innovative as picking a leprechaun theme for the first Irish based movie. Very disappointed in Pixar and it has become increasingly clear how lazy they have become. 

• Like 5

On 9/24/2017 at 10:56 PM, Spidey Freak said:

If anything, I'm actually annoyed that they picked Dia de Muertos as the theme for their first Mexican/Latin culture based movie. That's already been done before multiple times, in pretty interesting ways. Netflix's Legend Quest, an animated series produced by a Mexican company, has horror elements but it barely relies on Dia de Muertos and instead focuses on other, less explored aspects of Mesoamerican mythologies (and blends them with aspects of other world mythologies). It's refreshing and comes across as better because of it.

Coco's direction seems as original and innovative as picking a leprechaun theme for the first Irish based movie. Very disappointed in Pixar and it has become increasingly clear how lazy they have become. 

They didn't decide to do a film based on Mexican culture, they decided to do a film based on Dia de los Muertos.

• Like 1