AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

39 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Many around here didn't heed my warnings of a year and a half or so ago. I noted that the main DC characters- Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman - are bulletproof and that the DC universe resonates with the public. Proof of this is that when WB released BAD DC movies, like last year's Batman v Superman, and Suicide Squad, they still did $330m DOM and $800m WW.

In contrast, Marvel makes GOOD movies like Ant-Man and Dr. Strange and they don't do as well. 

When WB releases GOOD movies, like this year's Wonder Woman and the 2012 and 2008 Batman movies, they make $400 - $500m DOM.

Vast underestimation of the DC Universe haunts this place, and Justice League is going to slam it home.  Coco doesn't stand a chance.

You also said Dory under $200M.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Finnick said:

You become delusional Steve. What is with the reappearance with every Disney movie release? You were  gone for a while, and then suddenly when a Disney movie is near release you show up!!! We miss your old avatar a lot!!!

What was the old Avatar? I forget. 

23 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Let's face it: Justice League is going to mop the floor with Coco.

Not what i was hoping would happen, but it's a fact.

is there even a direct comparison between them? 200 would be good and 250 great, for Coco while even 350 might be considered a bit underwhelming for JL. apart from releasing close to each other there is nothing comparable between these two movies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

is there even a direct comparison between them? 200 would be good and 250 great, for Coco while even 350 might be considered a bit underwhelming for JL. apart from releasing close to each other there is nothing comparable between these two movies.

"Close to each other" makes them ipso fatso comparable, as movies released close to each other will impact each other's box office.

The very fact that you agree that Justice League will rout Coco is a testament to how wrong so many have been around here about the strength of the DC Universe brand. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

"Close to each other" makes them ipso fatso comparable, as movies released close to each other will impact each other's box office.

The very fact that you agree that Justice League will rout Coco is a testament to how wrong so many have been around here about the strength of the DC Universe brand. 

Image result for that's not how this works

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tribefan695 said:

"Wipe the floor with" is such a phony, pseudodramatic expression when relating to movie box office. They're not "battling" each other. Coco will succeed or fail on its own merits regardless of how well Justice League performs.

There's only so much movie money out there. If people see movie X, it will impact on movie Y's take. This is elementary, which is precisely why studios space their movies out the way they do.

Amazing that this is even being debated? I think it must be wishful thinking that even if JL is making $150m in a week that this won't impact Coco box office? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

There's only so much movie money out there. If people see movie X, it will impact on movie Y's take. This is elementary, which is precisely why studios space their movies out the way they do.

Amazing that this is even being debated? I think it must be wishful thinking that even if JL is making $150m in a week that this won't impact Coco box office? 

Catching Fire didn't impact Frozen and those 2 shared much more of a demographic than JL and Coco does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

I don't think someone with predictions as historically bad as yours is in a position to be astonished at someone questioning your viewpoints.

Yes, I've made some bad ones too but at least I fully acknowledge that they were made with my heart more than my head. If you really just like wishing for Disney to fail we'd all save a ton of grief if you just admitted it.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 3