2 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

Lee Unkrich and Joss Whedon are mexican BO rulers

# Film Year Distributor Lifetime Gross
1 Marvel's The Avengers 2012 BuenaVista $827,122,714
2 Coco 2017 BuenaVista $791,673,000
3 Avengers: Age of Ultron 2015 BuenaVista $784,083,100
4 Furious 7 2015 UPI $779,293,817
5 Toy Story 3 2010 BuenaVista $777,482,842

As a Marvel and Pixar fanboy, so happy to see this.

The Inredibles 2 should be huge too ,as your country love Pixar and superhero

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, DAR said:

This is the director of Book of Life

Book of Life is amazing. I’m a fan of this director and excited for his Lego Movie spin-off and his pre Book Of Life work is also solid.

• Like 1

Wow, this thing is indeed a monster in Mexico. 41M in 3 weeks? Stunning.

Also, seen some reviews of people that I trust, and this movie is another Pixar "bawl your fucking eyes out" experience (very much like Toy Story 3 - from the same director - and Inside Out), AND that while they do share thematics and idea, the actual story of this is pretty different from that of The Book Of Life.

In another words, this all bodes very well for the American wom and performance (not gonna say the OS performance because who knows when it comes to current exchange rates). At the very least, I'm not seeing less than The Good Dinosaur at this point.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Olive Skywalker said:

As a Marvel and Pixar fanboy, so happy to see this.

The Inredibles 2 should be huge too ,as your country love Pixar and superhero

I'm expecting big numbers from Incredibles 2 as well, nostalgia is huge with the first one. Infinity War and The Lion King also are sure bets for Top 10 All-Time.

• Like 6

I am telling you when I left my screening, everybody had either dried tears rolling down their faces or red eyes where you know they recently just cried. Shoot, the screening’s security rep was in tears once I passed him.

This movie has the “Kubo and the Two Strings” effect where you question why the film is given its title, but until the very end, you both realize the meaning behind it while crying your ass off after you're blown away by the magnificent story it told.

Several years ago, I reviewed “The Book of Life” which was one of my favorite animated films of 2014. Because of that review, director Jorge Gutierrez followed me on Twitter, and my tweet was used for marketing. 

BzcZU0nCAAI8LPe.png?format=500w

So if anything, I feel like I’m qualified enough to be the descriptor of the similarities between that and “Coco.”  

giphy+%287%29.gif?format=500w

The only similarities “Coco” and “The Book of Life” share besides their lead characters crossing over from their real world to the land of the dead is that both films are a joyous celebration of this special Mexican holiday that has never been displayed in cinema before. The art styles are different, the narratives are different, and the settings are uniquely different. This widens the eyes of young viewers who are unbeknownst to holiday Dias de Los Muertos. The way how these movies appropriate other cultures through the film with a sweeping story and hitting home every tradition the holiday is all about is a welcoming change and should be followed by other animation studios.

Here is my 10 day early review of Disney Pixar's Coco

http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//coco-review

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3