AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

97% now with average score of 8.1/10, plus

Critics Consensus: Coco's rich visual pleasures are matched by a thoughtful narrative that takes a family-friendly -- and deeply affecting -- approach to questions of culture, family, life, and death.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think it will pass $ 200M with no difficulty

Now with the JL big underperformance, i'm more confident

Hopefully history repeats Thanksgiving 2016 (Fantastic Beasts and Moana) instead of Thanksgiving 2015 (Mockingjay - Part 2 and The Good Dinosaur).

• Like 1

The Frozen Holiday special was intended for TV and it does feel a little off to watch a "long" short before a Disney-Pixar movie but I liked it, it gets you in the holiday mood

If it helps Coco not go the TGD route, I'm all for it lol

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

The low trailers view counts and the general lack of public awareness make me worried, but with great reviews, I have confidence that it should avoid TGD kind of performance, that would be just embarrassing....

It's the #1 movie of all time in Mexico. It bodes well for the domestic box office as the majority of moviegoers are Hispanic/Latino.

• Like 1

I'll probably do exactly what I did with MOANA and see this right around Christmas time or on Boxing Day. I'd like to see it because I find Pixar so charming, but I'm not exactly in a rush to see it on opening weekend.

27 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Got tomorrow off from work and a $5 ticket from Atom. Opening night it is.

Was it like a two for one deal or just one? I bought mine at the box office yesterday for 9.50$...I really need to keep a closer eye on atom. 

Edited by Morieris

39 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Shit, I even have T-Mobile...I really need to pay attention to that app.

Damn, I wish my carrier had deals like that. Then again that might be too much to ask since I don't even get proper cell service if I leave the city.