kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 07-09, 2024] | actuals | 56.5M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE | 10.0M GARFIELD | 7.8M IF | 7.0M THE WATCHERS

So this might actually have a chance to clear 60 million this weekend. Maybe not a great one but the opportunity is there

5 hours ago, emoviefan said:

With WOM being going do not see any reason with Walkups the rest of the weekend should get it over 50.

I mean, we've already seen good reception of movies doesn't necessarily spark interest between general audience.

So, I'm not sure good reviews will bring great Walkups.

• Like 1

Bad Boys' audience is on the older side than the average action franchise (believe it or not, the original turns 30 next year) so good walkups throughout the weekend wouldn't be much of a surprise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Excellent for Boys.

Oh God, just realized $50M OW is the new $100M OW. That's how bad it has gotten.

Until Deadpool 3 is released. Then, 100M OW will be 100M OW again.

3 hours ago, Kon said:

I mean, we've already seen good reception of movies doesn't necessarily spark interest between general audience.

So, I'm not sure good reviews will bring great Walkups.

Possible. But that would be more a another sign of GA indifference to movie's in general right now than this movie. 

4 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Let's say Focus or Searchlight picked up Hit Man and released it in theaters. What do you think it would have made? I think it could have potentially made 30M DOM.

Probably about half of that. Maybe 20M if it got lucky.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

Let's say Focus or Searchlight picked up Hit Man and released it in theaters. What do you think it would have made? I think it could have potentially made 30M DOM.

Maybe, though $30M would put it on the high end for either of those studios post-COVID (Searchlight's only $30M+ grossers since then have been The Menu and Poor Things, while Downton Abbey 2 is the only Focus title to clear that mark since). We'll never know though.

Not to be the pessimist but the thursday numbers always end up lower than these estimates I’m almost bracing for 4.5 or something like that.

• Thanks 1