kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Actuals | 57.52M INSIDE OUT II | 52.20M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.05M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

I do think Day One’s scores are weaker than the first two films or didn’t hit a certain threshold, otherwise they would’ve included the % positive and the % recommend alongside the number of stars like they did with the first two.

Those scores are terrible for Horizon. Part 2 will be lucky to hit double digits.

10 minutes ago, Kon said:

Although Horizon's audience isn't big on diversity, it's surprisingly high on women. That may help the legs.

Some intriguing under the hood with Horizon: Women were the majority turnout at 54% to men 46% with women over 25 repping 48% of the audience. That demo also gave the western its highest grades if you could call it that at 74%. Diversity demos were 68% Caucasian, 14% Hispanic and Latino, 7% Black and 5% Asian American. Of those who bought tickets, 31% of them were Paramount+ subscribers (which streams Yellowstone).

10 multi, let's goooo.

8 minutes ago, Kon said:

I wasn't clear. I know Latino/Hispanic counts as diversity, that's why I said  AQP was high on diversity.

I was just curious because I expected higher black audience due to Lupita.

To be fair, a 20% black audience is already high in the US I think. Also it's already a stablished franchise which last movie was only 3 years ago. 

"Overall weekend for all films stands at $153.5M, which is 20% ahead of the same frame a year ago when Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny led the 3-day frame with a $60.3M opening."

Figured it was likely this weekend would come out ahead but still more good news that it's by this much. Winning streak should easily continue next week. 

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

I do think Day One’s scores are weaker than the first two films or didn’t hit a certain threshold, otherwise they would’ve included the % positive and the % recommend alongside the number of stars like they did with the first two.

At least they did mention it was 4 stars, in line with the B+ cinemascore.

56 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Not caring for that Bad Boys drop. Probably won’t reach 200m now. 

It is still running ahead of 22 jump street by  5.5m. If BB4 continue to follow, it is gonna 196m+ finish. The 3rd movie in 2024 narrowly miss 200m. 

Here in Greece (where it is about to become the biggest animated film ever, the first to break 400K tickets) Inside Out 2 keeps having sold out shows every day in every city and every screen hours in advance! It's been out since the 13th of June! I still haven't been able to watch it lmao

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

I actually bought a ticket to Toy Story 4 and sat through it... but I was sleeping 90% of the time so I didn't really get any of it.

I guess I'll get to Onward someday. I did start the BOT thread for it, after all.

I loved the Toy Story trilogy and absolutely HATED #4.  So, if you slept through it the 1st time, you're probably good, b/c they re-babified everything and had characters step backwards in their arcs, which is always so annoying when you are setting up continuity in a movie series.

PS - Yes, I probably won't watch #5...I'll look forward to the original stuff more.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

46 minutes ago, AniNate said:

IF and Garfield did not have good holds. They're done when the Minions invade.

They both lost in the neighborhood of 40-50% of theatres. And I wouldn't be surprised if many of the theatres they did hold, they're sharing screens.

Both have had good runs, but both will get cleared out next week. DM4 and IO2 is enough offerings for families. A lot better than what's been available for most of the last few years at any given time.

33 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Guess it's gonna be ~$980m by the end of the weekend and reach the billie on Monday.

It's going to hit 1 billion on sunday. It will make +$40 dom and +$60 OS on saturday and sunday. Probably it will be at $1,010 or more by sunday

• Like 6

I guess that the box office getting back into swing is a good time to return from my posting hiatus, no? :)

After how dire things had been looking, it's great to see Inside Out 2 putting up huge numbers and the top two both on track to finish the weekend over $50 million. It's not as big or bustling as summers past, but it's at least on a really solid track.

• Like 4

This is just vibes but I think Inside Out 2 is having a pretty good Saturday so far. Selling a lot of tickets even in theaters I thought it wouldn't. Definitely think a 35% increase this Saturday is in store, which is $23m. Could be higher of course. And with a Sunday that has a low drop, that could mean a $60m 3rd weekend for Inside Out 2.

• Like 2

Probably thanks to BoT ultra-optimism, IO2  holds this week is actually worse than I thought. Now it is pacing 7m ahead of Barbie at the same point of the run. 650m is still on the table but 700m is out of the question already. But even at 650m IO2 will already be the leggiest Pixar sequel since TS2. 

• Haha 2