kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Actuals | 57.52M INSIDE OUT II | 52.20M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.05M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

At least 800M overseas is lock for INSIDE OUT II, right? I'm exercising caution before believing 900M-1B overseas is possible because of DM IV, but I've never imagined a Pixar movie would reach such heights. This will win domestic, overseas, and worldwide this 2024. Do you think other movies have a chance?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Bikeriders dropping like a rock on the same weekend the movie he passed on opens to a domestic number which will likely be bigger than the former's entire worldwide haul must be pretty painful for Jeff Nichols. Hopefully he rebounds from this soon.

Paramount and Disney on the other hand must be celebrating right now. The former is seeing a prequel movie with none of the original main characters open to franchise record numbers, while the latter just scored their first billion dollar movie of the decade, and their first one in half a decade too. They could definitely use the money both, coming off of rough financial events.

Disney had Avatar: The Way of Water gross well over a billion in 2022 and become the 3rd highest grossing film of all-time. So Inside Out 2 is their second billion dollar grosser of the decade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Longlegs will surprise everyone and be a sleeper hit IMO

That would be cool for something like Longlegs to breakout.  Im thinking it does numbers like Immaculate another Neon release from this year.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

At least 800M overseas is lock for INSIDE OUT II, right? I'm exercising caution before believing 900M-1B overseas is possible because of DM IV, but I've never imagined a Pixar movie would reach such heights. This will win domestic, overseas, and worldwide this 2024. Do you think other movies have a chance?

Sorry Deadpool and Wolverine, your race for 2024 domestic box office crown is over.

• Like 3

I know we have to wait a bit for this, but judging by these really strong international numbers for Despicable Me 4 right now, should we expect an overperformance domestically?

Also, I just saw in the Deadline report that $100M over five days for DM4 would be a conservative projection. So should we expect a five-day gross closer to Despicable Me 2 than Despicable Me 3?

4 minutes ago, Migs20242 said:

Sorry Deadpool and Wolverine, your race for 2024 domestic box office crown is over.

It was over a like a week and a half a go. Do we have to keep pointing that out like it's something to celebrate as if Deadpool and Wolverine will still not be a massive hit or something. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AniNate said:

Re inside out legs so far, obviously it does have great word of mouth, but multiple factors inflated last week's numbers in Juneteenth and the eastern heatwave, so I don't think you can base any conclusions about the opening off of that

Those are the reason BOT projection fail to account for this weekend IO2. They are so much higher than others. Most people in the hype train fail to explain why IO2 would leg out so much better than other Pixar sequel. It is not like finding memo, incredible or Toy Story are any less beloved by the public, yet they want a whopping 4.5x legs for IO2, forgetting that none of the Pixar summer sequel even got to 4x.

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Those are the reason BOT projection fail to account for this weekend IO2. They are so much higher than others. Most people in the hype train fail to explain why IO2 would leg out so much better than other Pixar sequel. It is not like finding memo, incredible or Toy Story are any less beloved by the public, yet they want a whopping 4.5x legs for IO2, forgetting that none of the Pixar summer sequel even got to 4x.

So? IO2 will get 4x. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

A bit disappointed seeing AQP failed to reach 8x IM after a very good preview-Friday ratio and that almost flat Saturday bump is surprising, not sure if this is signaling any mixed WOM sign because IO2 also unexpectedly flat from Friday to Saturday. Maybe holiday ahead distort the Saturday bump.

Yes, July 4th week the most summer-y week in this part of the release calendar, lots of vacations. Probably a good number of people either 1) took Fri off too and/or 2) were traveling Sat, so the weekend will be flatter (higher Fri & Sun) than usual 

INSIDE OUT II is massive,but DESPICABLE ME IV, DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE, JOKER II, and MOANA II are going to be huge in their own right. I hope we also get a surprise or two this year. Or perhaps even more. The year needs to keep the momentum going into 2025.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

My god, that number.

:ohmygod:

I anticipated this number yesterday after Friday numbers ( and it's really posible Disney Underestimate this number like this weekend)

This week , IO2 make around 287M .

Now we can make projections after this weekend :

- Worst scenario : -50% drop , so a final around 1,3B , Incredibles 2 is beaten but not Mario and Elsa and Anna and co.

- A Little better scenario : -45% drop with DM4 and D&W impact but not the other weekend : final around 1,365B . Mario Beaten but not Frozen 2 .

- My scenario : -40% drop : final around 1,465B , best animated movie of all time.

- My Wish scenario : -35% Drop : around 1,55B , Top 10 movies of all time.

With this we should add 50-60M from the markets where he should debut ( Japan, Netherlands, Portugal, Finland and others) .

We are between 1,35B-1,6B for the final worldwide.

Also for next weekend : in the top 12 countries for IO2 :

Australia and Argentina : DM4 is already here

Spain, Brazil, Mexico : DM4 debut this week.

China, UK, France, Germany : DM4 debut next week.

Japan : DM4 debut mid July, thr week after.

italy : DM4 debut late August

I think overseas , DM4 Duel will be better than Domestic. and the latter is already in 20 Markets

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Planet of The Apes reaching 170M

Inside Out 2 reaching 625M+
A Quiet Place reaching 125M+

Bad Boys reaching 185M+

Box office is on 🔥

Yes, at the top and middle, but the issue remains there are fewer of these films, and virtually nothing below them. 

So far this year, there are 7 films to top $100M (and only 1 in $100-$145M range), and only 10 more (including QPD1) that managed at least $50M

• Like 3