kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Actuals | 81.3M TWISTERS | 24.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 12.8M INSIDE OUT II | 12.0M LONGLEGS

19 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

My friend watched every movie at the cinema and he's always so easily pleased. He text me this morning saying 'longlegs was awful, don't watch it'

Seems to be a common theme that well reviewed horrors tend to be bad

Not true in all cases. Oddity currently sitting with a 97% RT score and 85% verified audience score

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

My friend watched every movie at the cinema and he's always so easily pleased. He text me this morning saying 'longlegs was awful, don't watch it'

Seems to be a common theme that well reviewed horrors tend to be bad

I can't remember the last time there was no in between on a movie. I don't think I've ever read a review or someone says it was fine or it was okay. People are either effusive with their praise or downright nasty with their criticism.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I can't remember the last time there was no in between on a movie. I don't think I've ever read a review or someone says it was fine or it was okay. People are either effusive with their praise or downright nasty with their criticism.

Everyone i know i guilty of this, even me, especially as i get older

This guy usually says everything is awesome, to the point the word becomes meaningless. I have to agree though as I've never heard him saying 'it was ok' 

Edited by Jaxon5
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ryan C said:

Yeah, but even at the worst, it should still do at least $350M worldwide. That's still over two times the reported $155M budget and because the split between domestic and international will be much bigger on the former compared to the latter, Universal will get more money back. 

Regardless, Universal, Warner Bros, and Amblin aren't gonna face any huge financial loss on this film.

Even with a lower OS take, WB still makes money on their share of Twisters from the theatrical run. 

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I’m pretty sure the producers for the movie worked with a proper animal protection org to make sure no animals were actually hurt during the making of the film.

The act the animals are involved in is cruel as it is. We see an animal getting its head and leg pulled by ropes at the same time. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

The other guy revised to 33m based on muted West coast interest. I do buy that.

Coasts have nothing to do with it. Theater reporting was unusual with some theaters not reporting number in morning but did in evening which artificially inflated hourly place toward end of matinee.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Assassin said:

It would need to be extremely frontloaded for it to hit $72M. Doesn't it have great walk ups? What's going on @charlie Jatinder

The way Charlie's divided the numbers it looks like he's rolled early previews into Friday b/c $9.5m was his called on Thur previews and that's the difference.

1 minute ago, TomThomas said:

23 - 21.5 != 34 - 31

Math doesn't add up, there should be some mistake.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

The way Charlie's divided the numbers it looks like he's rolled early previews into Friday b/c $9.5m was his called on Thur previews and that's the difference.

Naa just a calculation error. I edited tweet after that.

• Like 1

Assuming 21.5 holds, Lion King 19 pattern would give it 76.7mil and conjuring would give it 71. Jason Bourne would be 75. Realistically the true Fri actual does need to be at least a million higher for a shot at an 80mil weekend.

I wanted to see 'Twisters' last night but had other things going on.  It looks like a lot of fun. I remember seeing the original in the theaters when I was a little kid.  $70M is great.  $80M would be crazy and awesome. Let's go