Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

16 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I hope Russos deliver something in the level of Cherry, The Grey Man and Citadel for Feige 

It’s what he deserves for thinking just rehashing the past again and again even with his crew is the artistic direction an allegedly “comic lover” should go

LMAO, how hard are you typing right now brother 

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Honestly, the success of Deadpool & Wolverine and high rating on Letterboxd versus the response I've seen to the movie here and other pop culture websites shows just how disparate online and offline realities are.

I mean, as if current politics, review bombing campaigns, etc. haven't proven all this already over the past few years... 

DP&W is a crowd pleaser. Just go through even the positives, they criticise elements of the story but like the comedy ,cameos and fun.

I was on reddit movies .That sub is very critical of MCU but DP had 8.05/10 on polls and the top comments are about best comedic lines and  favorite cameos 

DP&W successfully delivered on it's premise but still had issues and it's a good meta commentary on the very inherent problems with multiverse saga and multiverse stories in general. 

So fans of Deadpool humour and fourthwall breaks will enjoy this.

The problem is when you remove cameos and meta commentary there is not much a functioning story .

For some of us . Yeah it's fun and meta and self aware but this thought pops into my mind " it's all lazy fan service  and don't want MCU to be this". 

Happy for it's numbers and success but the MCU could take wrong lessons which kind of nags me.

6 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

LMAO, how hard are you typing right now brother 

I’m high just ignore it lol, i’m on my phone

I just can’t believe I’ll have to see RDJ face as Doom

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

This is avenue of complaint is exhausting. People complaining about people not going to the movies and the ending of theatrical then complaining about there being movies people want to watch because they're not the films they personally want to see.  Complaining about the MCU refusing to die and then applauding the Minions 6th movie and Twisters is a bit much.

This forum in a nutshell sometimes.

4 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Everyone, would you take the over or under on Super Mario domestic ($575M)?

@John Marston was completely correct when he said on Reddit that DPW would be the Mario and that Inside Out 2 would be the Barbie of 2024.

Who will be Oppenheimer? 

God i hope it’ll be Eggers’ Nosferatu…

6 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

DP&W is a crowd pleaser. Just go through even the positives, they criticise elements of the story but like the comedy ,cameos and fun.

The problem is when you remove cameos and meta commentary there is not much a functioning story .

Right. Deadpool is a comedy. This is the nature of comedies. Folks seem to forget this.

Wayne's World literally makes absolutely no sense. Walk Hard. Austin Powers. Wedding Crashers. The list goes on. But I think those are all great comedies.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Who will be Oppenheimer? 

God i hope it’ll be Eggers’ Nosferatu…

If Robert Eggers' Nosferatu somehow makes more than $300M domestically, then I will never complain about the world I live in ever again. 

Edited by Ryan C
  • Like 3
  • Heart 1

Just now, Ryan C said:

If Robert Eggers' Nosferatu somehow makes more than $300M domestically, then I will never complain about the world I live in never again. 

Dude same!!! 

You know sometimes I think people just take movies too seriously but that might just be me.

That probably isn't the proper wording for what I meant but that's how I feel. Personally I am not one to really cast much judgement unless there is clear glaring issues beforehand otherwise I will give most projects the benefit of the doubt and reserve judgement for later.

And also sometimes it seems film twitter/reddit is just miserable for the sake of negativity or nihilism. It makes no sense to me like to yall enjoy anything or does everything have to be depressing?

Whatever i guess

I've said it before earlier and will say it again.

RDJ as Doom isn't the problem.

Problem is still the Avengers who post Endgame haven't been received well. 

Half of members,  people don't care about, galf of them are AWOL, and some of them who people care about are missing since their positively received movies back in 2021.

Another factor is they there is only 1 character who is going to create the adrenaline rush when going against RDJ. 

Cap, and actually even Spidey, but Evans vs RDJ will feed theaters.

Problem is, what else, bringing RDJ is you create excitement..... But it does not solve any of the issues that have been troubling MCU post EG. 

9 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Another factor is they there is only 1 character who is going to create the adrenaline rush when going against RDJ. 

Problem is, what else, bringing RDJ is you create excitement..... But it does not solve any of the issues that have been troubling MCU post EG. 

Their biggest problem was making 60494 projects in short span, thus having seriously quality control issues. They have slowed down and Brough their best guys in their sandbox to work with, and trust me Feige will be overseeing that hard. He barely had any oversight on many of the MCU movies. Now he will have. As for characters, people still care for Thor, Wanda, Strange etc even with negative reception. It´s not THAT complicated. Get RDJ to create interest, make it work like they did with IW and Endgame. All of those issues post EG shouldn´t in theory be a hindrance. Biggest issue has been writing but now McFeely is writing both. Which is much better than the Rick and Morty writers

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Hugh Jackman. Tobey Maguire aswell (But doubt that happens due to rights).

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

This is avenue of complaint is exhausting. People complaining about people not going to the movies and the ending of theatrical then complaining about there being movies people want to watch because they're not the films they personally want to see.  Complaining about the MCU refusing to die and then applauding the Minions 6th movie and Twisters is a bit much.

Truly, it is crazy people wish for the movies they personally like to be successful! Unbelievable, even.

(if it makes you feel any better, illumination slop succeeding doesn't make me any happier either)

• Like 1