Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

20 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Yeah, Fox was always involved in the process of a lot of the Alien movies. Even Prometheus (which I liked) ended on a note that you can tell was probably a studio mandate.

expand? 

14 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Can’t tell if this is a joke or not 

(please be a joke it’s a good one)

It's absolutely a joke lol, but I get that you have to check 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I think Romulus has a lot of upside potential. It looks damn good. Very practical, dark, claustrophobic, intense. Cinematography is beautiful and Fede’s shot composition is masterful. It’s not bothering with lore and robots and philosophy. Back to basics with one of the modern horror maestro’s at the helm.

I absolutely hate the trailer for the film. Especially the part where the dude trips in the water and the one girl says, "stop messing around!" It's so dumb!

It also seems to give away a lot of the deaths.

2 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

we all know it's because of Tobey & Andrew. Not VFX or writing choices.

Tobey and Andrew who Are in the movie for 10 minutes? This is pure cope from you guys. The movie could had 10/10 on RT from top critics and you still would have said stuff like this. 

• Thanks 2

I would be more excited for Alien: Romulus if I even remotely liked any of Alvarez's previous films - I thought I had gone insane after watching Evil Dead and seeing the reviews be so positive. Footage looks good and I like the angle they're taking though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Tell this to Colin Trevorrow 😭

There are exceptions everywhere.

But he gave me Jurassic World, can't be too mad at him. 

Dominion though..... 🙃

11 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

expand? 

Presumably the poster means the way that Prometheus spends most of the run time going out of its way to avoid being an actual Alien film until the last 10 minutes or so where a xenomorph type creature appears. The rest of the film is more concerned with the engineers and the origins of humanity. It does feel a bit like someone at Fox said to Ridley “you do plan to have an Alien in your Alien movie, right?”.

32 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Too bad he forgot about good cast. We would've never gotten Aliens if Cameron thought "let's do a frame by frame rehash, but worse".

Is that an indictment on the prior works of the Romulus cast, or the fact they went with unknowns? And what’s wrong with a back-to-basics approach after decades of garbage?

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

If it's in theaters, it's Cinema.

Good cinema, bad cinema, great cinema, crap cinema. 

That's subjective and open to discussions & arguments, but all of it is cinema. 

I think even the most corporate of slop, theres always people on the set and behind the scenes that were trying their best and put in a lot of effort to get things made and someone somewhere on the planet is going to like it. Whether it's the popular opinion that something is trash or I'm on the fringes, I'm always going to have to pay at least that level of respect. And then I can slander it after that! Cinematic trash can vs cinematic masterpiece. 

6 minutes ago, XXR & Friends said:

Netflix I Dont Think So GIF by Blown Away

You’re right. For some reason I had it in my head that Across had an 150m-ish OW, just checked and it’s about $120m. I figured a 25% OW jump wouldn’t have been impossible, but yeah it’s not getting there. I think it will top IO2’s opening though. Won’t have IO2’s legs but can def hit 160m OW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leoh said:

6th biggest CBM global opening.

This ranking is also why films like The Marvels flopping wasn't going to end the MCU as we know it.

The success of Deadpool & Wolverine is going to cover the underperformance of Captain America if it underperforms..

57 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

For me, if a movie is playing in a movie theater, its cinema.

football major championships finals also play in theaters…

1 hour ago, leoh said:

I like it as well but where’s Disney seeing “

hype garnering acclaim from critics” 🤣

Ehh, at 79% on rotten tomatoes they aren't twisting things that much.

• Like 3