Eric Deetz

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

5 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Why? The movie is doing great.

I’m not talking about its performance. I’m talking about the plot / content of the film. Can’t say more without a thread ban.

Okay where are the moderators guys? You might think by saying that there's cameos in the film and that is part of a multiverse is not a spoiler but there's plenty of people that go into this movie that don't know anything about it and they do that on purpose. You shouldn't be able to discuss any of the plot details in a weekend box office thread. 

@Eric Wilson

• Like 4

Watched it - 6/10. Comedy is decent to good but there's no story which might be fine for a lot of people actually but I personally thought the hook should have been better. The best part was cameos and meta commentary on MCU itself.

• Like 2

I do feel like reviews/personal reactions should stay in the spoiler thread. Especially when it comes to CBMs everyone has a very different idea of what constitutes a "spoiler"

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I do feel like reviews/personal reactions should stay in the spoiler thread. Especially when it comes to CBMs everyone has a very different idea of what constitutes a "spoiler"

This is been a rule since I've been a member at the forums. You don't discuss even the tiniest of spoilers in the weekend box office thread. This is always posted in the first post as well. People should know better by now.

• Like 1

Moderation

As always, please be mindful of what you post in regards to spoilers. You can give your review, but talking about certain aspects, even vaguely is not allowed.

@baumer I would recommend, if you see a post that you think is going too much into spoilers, that you should hit the "Report Post" button. That gives the mods notifications and an email that a poster is going too far and ensures that somebody will look into the situation. I personally did not see any posts that were too offensive (the film's trailers and marketing spells out that it's literally about multiverse stuff. It's like saying "Top Gun has planes in it" is a spoiler), but reporting posts give us very specific examples we can look into and analyze.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eric Wilson said:

Moderation

As always, please be mindful of what you post in regards to spoilers. You can give your review, but talking about certain aspects, even vaguely is not allowed.

@baumer I would recommend, if you see a post that you think is going too much into spoilers, that you should hit the "Report Post" button. That gives the mods notifications and an email that a poster is going too far and ensures that somebody will look into the situation. I personally did not see any posts that were too offensive (the film's trailers and marketing spells out that it's literally about multiverse stuff. It's like saying "Top Gun has planes in it" is a spoiler), but reporting posts give us very specific examples we can look into and analyze.

You're right, I forgot about the report button. Thank you for reminding me. I don't recall anywhere in the trailers mentioning about a multiverse though. But just to be fair these threads should be completely plot free. I'm sure you agree with that. There's a spoiler thread there's a movie review thread, this one, again I'm sure you would agree, should just be about numbers and nothing else. I mean I know it goes off in a tangents about @CJohn and his playground antics and that's fine but I personally don't want to see anything to do with spoilers in the thread. There really is an off chance that the odd person has avoided trailers and any kind of plot pieces and just wants to go into the movie blind.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

You're right, I forgot about the report button. Thank you for reminding me. I don't recall anywhere in the trailers mentioning about a multiverse though. But just to be fair these threads should be completely plot free. I'm sure you agree with that. There's a spoiler thread there's a movie review thread, this one, again I'm sure you would agree, should just be about numbers and nothing else. I mean I know it goes off in a tangents about @CJohn and his playground antics and that's fine but I personally don't want to see anything to do with spoilers in the thread. There really is an off chance that the odd person has avoided trailers and any kind of plot pieces and just wants to go into the movie blind.

That post is still haunting me even after 10 years. :hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Astonished 1

This is coming for a $200M+ opening weekend it feels like. The MCU is still alive and kicking...don't know about Thunderbolts yet but feeling Captain America and Fantastic Four will be big.

• Like 2

Just now, CJohn said:

That post is still haunting me even after 10 years. :hahaha:

It's more than just a post my friend, it's an ideal and it's become something else entirely..... A legend, C John.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Eric Wilson said:

You can give your review, but talking about certain aspects, even vaguely is not allowed.

What is a review if it's not "vaguely talking about certain aspects"? Like I think even just a "7.8/10" number reaction to a big tentpole inevitably leads to more detailed discussion about a movie's strengths and weaknesses. 

1 minute ago, Asyulus said:

Deadpool & Wolverine is gonna be #1 for six consecutive weekends before Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.

In this kind of climate, I think that's virtually impossible. Would be fun to see but I don't see how any movie stays on top of the box office for 6 weeks anymore.

Alien should be strong enough to pull off a #1 opening in three weeks. Though we might have a 6 week period where only 2 movies claim the top spot. Those late August weekends look especially bleak this year.

• Like 1

One thing to keep in mind about Glenn Powell is that the producers of twisters got him to sign on the dotted line before he kind of blew up. Anyone But You kind of got him on to another level. As we all know, that was a Christmas movie from last year. Twisters has been filming for at least a year now. So they either got really lucky with casting him or they knew that he was going to kind of blow up after his movie with Sydney sweeney.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

Deadpool & Wolverine is gonna be #1 for six consecutive weekends before Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.

Not likely.

Alien is likely to overtake it in weekend 4

• Like 1