Eric Deetz

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

DS MOM 

Direction great

Acting great

Wanda slayed

Problem : Script

But major problem: Leakers. I will always hate them for this. 

Even in India , many of my friends thought we were getting Tom Cruise Iron Man , Magneto , F4 and many more cameos

Somewhere it's actually Kevin fault too. I still can't believe he didn't have some good throwback cameos except Professor X

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

DS MOM 

Direction great

Acting great

Wanda slayed

Even in India , many of my friends thought we were getting Tom Cruise Iron Man , Magneto , F4 and many more cameos

Somewhere it's actually Kevin fault too. I still can't believe he didn't have some good throwback cameos except Professor X

As i said before, it shouldn't have been titled Multiverse of Madness 

That title alone made people's expectations unrealistic.

And let's be serious, everything in that movie existed to get bullied by Wanda who inexplicably became this maniac. 

Dr Strange went from someone who went against Thanos to some Goof.

• Like 3

I often feel that this forum needs some new and active mods, I only ever see Eric around big active threads like these, but then again maybe the others are doing their jobs invisibly I guess. 

Anyways, be careful about spoilers guys, please.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

I'm sure everyone in this thread is aware of how frontloaded Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was, but to really put that into perspective, you need to be aware of this. 

Despite opening $69M (how fitting) below Doctor Strange 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 had a higher second weekend gross ($62.0M) than that film ($61.7M)

It just makes me think how much more Strange 2 could've made if it was got great reception from audiences, but clearly is was the definition of mixed. 

Yeah the recent MCU films have mostly been crazy front loaded. Though I think GOTG3 shows that it's mainly because of reaction to the films. If recent marvel films had been well received I think we would've easily seen DS2 over 500M and Thor4 over 400M and Antman3 over 300M. All were tracking and opened well enough to reach those goals but collapsed hard right out of the gate 

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

And let's be serious, everything in that movie existed to get bullied by Wanda who inexplicably became this maniac. 

Wanda was perfectly positioned to lead Phase 4

And what did Marvel do ? Yes they killed her. I will never be over that betrayal of audience 

After the og 3 and Spider-Man Wanda's fandom was the biggest , rather than leveraging it for good movies. They killed her  unceremoniously. 

DSMOM was the movie that turned me from hardcore MCU fan to casual MCU fan. I will always hate Kevin and friends for destroying what was supposed to be good phase

Just now, Madhuvan said:

And what did Marvel do ? Yes they killed her. I will never be over that betrayal of audience 

After the og 3 and Spider-Man Wanda's fandom was the biggest , rather than leveraging it for good movies. They killed her  unceremoniously. 

DSMOM was the movie that turned me from hardcore MCU fan to casual MCU fan. I will always hate Kevin and friends for destroying what was supposed to be good phase

Wanda aint dead😂🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, thajdikt said:

Wanda aint dead😂🤷‍♂️

That's not the point tho

She is completely out of the picture and will be maybe till next Avengers who knows atp

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

Absolutely no idea why you want to turn such a character who you can use to lead your franchise in future into a villain and that too a hardcore villain.

Dr Strange too another character that could lead into the future, you turned him into a wimp.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Y'all take these kids movies too seriously 🤣

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

DS MOM 

Direction great

Acting great

Wanda slayed

Yes right now the leaker are a huge problem 

4 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I still feel like they meant for Wanda to still be alive somehow, whether that happens now or not.

One of the big problems with phase 4 is that everything has been so slow and disorganized. Every time they set something up we would get a payoff in the next couple years, with multiple teasers for it to tide fans over until then. Now they just keep setting up new things and then abandoning them for years and years. Like what happened to ShangChi? Great film, but character disappeared into the void.

So will Wanda show up again? Who knows, they probably meant for that to happen and have instead rewritten and pushed that plotline so many times that it'll take 5 years to happen and nobody will remember or care by then

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Ig maybe that's why I stopped caring that much after MOM. I still watch all marvel movies in theatres but rather than opening day earlier ,I am fine with any time now. 

Yep seems smart to avoid this thread. One until I see the movie , which may not be until Sunday and two to avoid the typical insufferable going in circles bullshit conversation about Marvel which should be on the MCU page or Deadpool pages instead of cluttering up this one. 

23 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Also worth mentioning that MoM had an incredibly misleading marketing campaign that sold the film as a sequel to NWH where Strange would have to deal with the fallout from his decisions in that film. None of that is in the movie and I don't blame audiences for rejecting the bait and switch.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Sorry we're not as sophisticated like Cinephiles on twitter.

I actually want to see some of those adult people movies but shows of those keep getting cancelled because of no audience so i can't watch it.

So my options are only these kids movies, strangely though i see very few, if any kids in screenings of these movies.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD