kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 29 - Aug 01, 2024] | Wednesday | 18.05M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 3.89M TWISTERS | 2.39M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.37M INSIDE OUT II

10 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

DM4 is having excellent legs

IO2 good holds 

DPW decent

Twisters on route to 250m+

Longlegs showing them legs too!

Strong holds across the Top 5. IO2 keeps marching toward 650M+ DOM. Seems like a lock to surpass Barbie. Would be great if Deadpool somehow does as well after so many thought we might not see anything as big as Barbie in a long, long while that would be great. 

Twister still headed to 250M+ DOM too.

Can DM4 get to 400M DOM?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Secret Wars will make money, don't even need a trailer just a short teaser ending with Tobey, Evans, Hugh standing together against Downey in one frame.

It's Doomsday they need to worry about, they got their villain, but their Avengers are still missing.

I don't see why you assume it's only the Avengers in it. They already said the FF are in it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Can DM4 get to 400M DOM?

Unlikely since it's still ~13m behind DM2, which finished at 368M, despite having gained on it very slowly. I think the best case for DM4 for at this point would be matching DM2/Minions 2. There definitely appears to be a hard cap on the series potential gross at this point 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

Unlikely since it's still ~13m behind DM2, which finished at 368M, despite having gained on it very slowly. I think the best case for DM4 for at this point would be matching DM2/Minions 2. There definitely appears to be a hard cap on the series potential gross at this point 

Imho this hard cap is a good thing for them too

Despicable Me never suffers from too many sequels syndrome and if they keep the focus mostly on physical comedy they never will.

Like these movies are big but never all time massive so never get that kind of limelight thus no negative discourse from anyone except few

14 hours ago, filmlover said:

Have to admit I'm curious as to what the reviews for Trap will be like since it really doesn't seem like anyone is seeing this pre-release. Imagine if M. Night has inflicted another Lady in the Water/The Happening/The Last Airbender/After Earth upon us. 

Not screening for critics was weird but it's getting good reviews on letterbox from people who've seen it and they moved it up 2 weeks which inspires confidence from the studio. 

55 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

Deadpool : 600 million

Twister : 260 million

DM4: 360 million

IO2: 645 million

For a pretty dead year things have picked up lol

with 4 250 million and 2 600 million hits past 2 months 

• Like 3

DP&W. 600-620M

IO2 -655M

DM4 -360-375M

Twisters -260M+

Rest of the year

Beetlejuice -185M-220M

Transformers one -110M -150M

Wild robot. - 85M -150M

Joker 2. - 400M+

Venom 3 - 200-225M

Gladiator - 250-350M

Wicked - 225-300M+

Moana -350-600M+

War of rorrihm -100M+

Sonic.    -250-300M

Mufasa -275-375M.

Nosferatu - 100M

• Like 2

15 hours ago, filmlover said:

Have to admit I'm curious as to what the reviews for Trap will be like since it really doesn't seem like anyone is seeing this pre-release. Imagine if M. Night has inflicted another Lady in the Water/The Happening/The Last Airbender/After Earth upon us. 

We as a society wouldn’t be so lucky, we don’t deserve it

14 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

DP&W. 600-620M

IO2 -655M

DM4 -360-375M

Twisters -260M+

Rest of the year

Beetlejuice -185M-220M

Transformers one -110M -150M

Wild robot. - 85M -150M

Joker 2. - 400M+

Venom 3 - 200-225M

Gladiator - 250-350M

Wicked - 225-300M+

Moana -350-600M+

War of rorrihm -100M+

Sonic.    -250-300M

Mufasa -275-375M.

Nosferatu - 100M

Those four movies alone will have contributed 1.9B to the box office. 

also I think Mufasa is going to do 360m domestic and win December by a wide margin 

• Like 1

Reading a review for The Instigators, and the author says that Matt Damon is an actor that has the abilities and looks that are simultaneously movie star and character actor-esque.

And I had a realization.

That's basically every actor from Boston.