kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [Aug 02 - Aug 04, 2024] | Actuals | 96.81M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 22.80M TWISTERS | 15.45M TRAP

70s Apes sequels are fun.

Every Del Toro movie about facism.

People that say Pans is his only good film obviously haven't watched Devils Backbone because they'd love that one too.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

2 hours ago, wattage said:

And I'm seeing Trap in 15 minutes. 

The movie was great and the audience was feeling it and then it face planted and we had to just keep sitting there for far longer than we should have until the movie fianlly ended. A bizarre experience for sure. Funnier than you would expect it to be. As usual, M. Night is a fantastic director in a technical sense. And as usual the writing is where his movies falter. I think the movie of his I enjoyed the most in recent years was Glass and even that was a mixed bag for me. 

Harsh review aside I always encourage people to go see a movie and judge for themselves and I do genuinely think tis worth a theater trip for anyone interested and you can form your own opinions. There's a lot to really like about this movie I think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

I was howling of excitement when it won the Oscar, insane movie 

Should’ve been at least nominated for BP

Saw it in theaters when it was out for a weekend in limited release. An amazing experience in theaters and a really incredible movie, tense, emotional, thought provoking, amazingly animated and voice acted, one of the best of that year. Not just animated but overall. And it absolutely should've been in contention for best picture. 

3 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

It was also badly marketed. It's called Multiverse of Madness, yet there's hardly any multiversal adventure. And don't they only visit one parallel Earth?

If the film actually lived up to its title, it would’ve made a lot more than its gross and would’ve had better legs too.

28 minutes ago, wattage said:

Also: Josh Hartnett ❤️❤️❤️ what a talent 

A 30 minute sizzle reel of his scenes from Pearl Harbor from would be a $25m opener thanks for there 30 and older female crowd, no doubt. Yes, he was the fakest, most Hollywood character of the fakest, most Hollywood film ever made (how many world war 2 vets looked like male models with zero muscle and long bangs?), but after all this time, it remains true. Pretty sure both buccal fat removal surgery AND the 2000s Abercrombie and Fitch style trend was invented for younger men trying to look like that guy in that film. 

"Jerry Bruckeheimer presents the next best thing to Top Gun 3: 2001's PEARL HARBOR but only the Battle/War and Josh Hartnett scenes"

Plus: HE SHOULD HAVE SAID YES TO SUPERMAN IN 2002!

367c05f04831b6f71f86177cc7dbfde13cd6e57e 

Edited by excel1

7 hours ago, grey ghost said:

What's everyone's top 3 most anticipated for next year?

Cap 4
Thunderbolts
Fantastic Four 
Superman
Minecraft
Naked Gun
Snow White
Mission Impossible 8
Karate Kid
Jurassic Park 4
Tron Ares
Mortal Kombat 2
Wicked 2
Zootopia 2

Thunderbolts

Fantastic Four

Zootopia 2

MI8

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, excel1 said:

A 30 minute sizzle reel of his scenes from Pearl Harbor from would be a $25m opener thanks for there 30 and older female crowd, no doubt. 

I'm the 30 year old woman in question and I would super power it there myself. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I can't stand Superman Returns.

Josh Harnett would be totally wasted if he did it. 😆

Superman Returns is perfect, all you needed is to change the director, the actors, the screenplay remaking the same plot of Donner’s Superman, remove the deadbeat Superman stalker plot point and you’d be good to go.

The only time that I literally slept during a film at a movie theater and I wish I was joking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Superman Returns is perfect, all you needed is to change the director, the actors, the screenplay remaking the same plot of Donner’s Superman, remove the deadbeat Superman stalker plot point and you’d be good to go.

The only time that I literally slept during a film at a movie theater and I wish I was joking.

So hopefully the movie James Gunn is making.

Still thinking of that meme that said Superman Returns had cast the perfect Superman and Lois... just NOT as Superman and Lois. They were talking about James Marsden and Parker Posey.

I don't think Hartnett would have been a good choice. In fact, its failure would have created a big stink for his career.

Now Batman Begins otoh

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I can't stand Superman Returns.

Josh Harnett would be totally wasted if he did it. 😆

He didn't miss out on Superman Returns, he rejected Brett Ratner's film, which was draft 2 of JJ Abrams insane "Independence Day meets Spider-man" script. It would be been an absurdly MASSIVE hit had it released Christmas, 2004 as they wanted. If Hartnett has said yes, the film happens.

He also would have been fantastic Batman under Nolan, though we know he opted out of talks before they progressed (though obviously in 2003, if he wanted the role, it was his).

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

So hopefully the movie James Gunn is making.

I’m extremely confident on James Gunn. And I’ve been like that historically for ten years now. 

He got this. I have some issues with the idea of Creature Commandos and the idea of that being the first entry in the DCU is sort of starting he MCU with What If, but other than that I’m very hyped for his take on Superman. I’m the biggest hater of the shorts over the pants that you could find and I’ve been saying that long before Snyder disappointed the fuck out of me with Man of Steel, but even I have to admit the costume has grown on me.

I disagree with the narrative that James Gunn having a definite and concrete plan for his DCU is a good idea - a narrative that he has feed himself - because that’s precisely what Snyder used to say, but I trust Gunn’s writing and even more so his directing. Superman will deliver next year.

• Like 1

So Josh Harnett going to be Superman Returns? Would have been interesting.

George Miller's Justice League Mortal was suppose to start production  in 2008 but was canceled because of writers strike. So DC could have actually beaten Marvel to starting their cinematic universe first. If they didn't get cold feet about it.

Wouldn't have done Avengers numbers obviously, but it could have done X-men 3 numbers. Would have been interesting to do the team movie first before moving to solo films, exact opposite of the MCU.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/justice-league-mortal-movie-spoilers-photos-cast/

Edited by Mojoguy

6 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I don't think Hartnett would have been a good choice. In fact, its failure would have created a big stink for his career.

What?

This is clearly Clark Kent:

did-not-realize-this-was-josh-hartnett-t

This is clearly Superman (s face):

67183eef8a34c94c7548a584f6df75eb.jpg

I mean, who can say this pic below doesn't just scream "huge success"?!

josh-hartnett-as-superman-from-brett-rat

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

What?

This is clearly Clark Kent:

did-not-realize-this-was-josh-hartnett-t

This is clearly Superman (s face):

67183eef8a34c94c7548a584f6df75eb.jpg

I mean, who can say this pic below doesn't just scream "huge success"?!

josh-hartnett-as-superman-from-brett-rat

It's been 20 years hon. It's time to move on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1