kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [Aug 02 - Aug 04, 2024] | Actuals | 96.81M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 22.80M TWISTERS | 15.45M TRAP

4 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

I couldn't find M37's post but he did all the work and basically Event/FOMO movies have been carrying the box office for sometime now.  I think this is the new normal, the numbers say its the new normal.  We'll have two movies this summer that'll make over 600m domestic and those 2 movies will gross around 35% of the entire summer box office.

With higher ATP's....the number of tickets sold to get to 50m is a lot less so in theory we should see a lot more movies making 50m or more but we don't.  The Event, fear of missing out movies are massive and are filling in the gaps.

BoxOfficeMojo has the Summer box office at 2.7B. Let's write in 800m for August. 3,5B summer.  Summer box office grosses for the past 3 years.  May was awful this year missing out on a big even movie to kick off the Summer so it's not worth posting.  After a bad start the summer is grosses are back to normal but to get to normal you need movies entering the Domestic Top 10 of all time list.

June 2024 - 965 million

June 2023 - 1B

June 2022 - 968m

July 2024 - 1,18B

July 2023 - 1.36B

July 2022 - 1.13B

August 2024 - 800m

August 2023 - 812m

August 2022 - 466m (just a dead month besides Bullet Train)

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/season/?ref_=bo_nb_hm_secondarytab

Lol. I gotta say, knowing who you are on Reddit, it's just hilarious the kind of posts you make and the times you decide to be more active. It's just blatant. 

Top 10 Most anticipated movies of 2025

Zootopia 2 

Mickey 17 

Untitled pta movie 

Untitled coogler movie.

Life of jesus 

The way of wind

The bride 

Wildwood

Bugonia 

• Like 1

Top 10 anticipated movies of 2025 in order of schedule

Paddington 3

Minecraft

MI8

Ballerina

F1

M3GAN 2.0

Downton Abbey 3

Tron Ares

Zootopia 2 (my most anticipated movie)

Chris Nolan discovered Glenn Powell and then resurrected Josh Hartnett. Well done, sir. They should team up in his next film.

17 minutes ago, Selma said:

Top 10 Most anticipated movies of 2025

Zootopia 2 

Mickey 17 

Untitled pta movie 

Untitled coogler movie.

Life of jesus 

The way of wind

The bride 

Wildwood

Bugonia 

Fantastic Four? Superman? Or Is that your personal  list?

@baumer not gonna go dig for the post, but that under 50% minus previews was a great line and I owe you a 🍻 ! Would love to see 100m, but also with you on the difficulty after Friday - but we shall see. 

• Heart 1

• Founder / Operator

6.5 Twisters Fri (studio)

Great hold by D&W (no studio # yet).

Thinking Trap will be interesting to follow over the weekend but lack of premiums kinda stings in retrospect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Strong expansion for Didi as well, finally looks like we'll be having some indie success stories again.

Hopefully Twisters doesn't lose too many theaters next couple weeks, with Ends with Us and Alien tracking much better now not sure how much an impact they'll have.

I think the marketing geniuses at Universal should add the scene at the end of the movie that people have talked about being upset that it was eliminated  (Twisters)

Then market the hell out of it and get people to come out and see the movie again. It would probably get me back into the theater to see it one more time.

• Like 1