Eric the Marxist

D23 2024 Discussion Thread | Friday, August 9 Entertainment Showcase (7:00-9:00 PM PDT) | Saturday, August 10 Experiences Showcase (7:00-8:300 PM PDT)

D23-The-Ultimate-Disney-Fan-Event-2024-L

It's that time again. Two years since the last D23, we've had Daddy Iger return to his rightful throne, go through a million write-offs on their streaming shows, see Disney utterly implode on its 100th anniversary, only to now see a rebirth with recent box office hits. And now, starting tomorrow, we're getting more looks and insights into what Disney Adults can look forward to over the next couple of years.

There's plenty of awesome panels throughout the weekend, but the big stuff comes in three different packages. Tomorrow is what BOT is most looking forward to with the Disney Entertainment Showcase. Upcoming Disney movies and shows will be unveiled here. Some footage will be exclusive, others will be public, but we are getting our first looks at the likes of Toy Story 5, Zootopia 2, Snow White, Freaky Friday 2, and so on, alongside details for projects like Mufasa, Moana 2, and more. Plus sure to be many more surprises nobody could predict.

Saturday has the Disney Experiences Showcase, which is where we get exciting details on Disney's theme parks, cruise lines, and more. What new rides are coming? What are the expansions to our beloved parks? How will Fortnite tie into all this? It's all gonna be awesome. And on Sunday, there's the always wonderful Disney Legends Award Ceremony, where the likes of Jamie Lee Curtis, Joe Rohde, Frank Oz, James Cameron, Steve Ditko, and more will be given their flowers and accolades for their impact on the magic of the magic kingdom.

It's all gonna be fun, and this is where we can all divulge and argue over it. As always, be courteous, be respectful, and be mindful of others. Have fun!

• Like 1

I'm only really interested in a trailer for the new Daredevil series and news on the second season of Percy Jackson. Otherwise this is going to be pretty boring for me, given that Marvel news will strictly be TV-focused here. I'm also curious to hear about what is really going on with Elio, given all the rumours about a huge rework complete with a new director in charge.

It's PDT

I am glad they decided to show off all the juicy Marvel stuff at SDCC because otherwise it would've completely dominated everything else they want to promote in the media sphere. 

Edited by AniNate

4 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm also curious to hear about what is really going on with Elio, given all the rumours about a huge rework complete with a new director in charge.

The only real info we have is Pete Docter's interview with Enterainment Weekly. I'm also curious how Domee Shi is involed. My guess is Adrian Molina will still be credited at the end, no matter how it ends up.

I'm super excited for the surprise animated news with Daniel and I'm a huge theme park head so I want to know what bit announcements they have, as we've been waiting for their big response to Universal and Epic Universe. If they'll even have one. 

And I'm very excited for some Elio news. 

• Like 1

Mainly looking to see confirmation of the March 2026 Pixar and Nov 2026 WDAS film (which we assume is Frozen 3 but that was never officially announced yeah?). 

Maybe an announcement of the next Star Wars animated show would be cool too.