CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

ZERO hype for this thing. Nobody cares. 

There are some movies that it totally feels like people should be generally excited for this winter, like this and Mockingjay

But all anybody talks about is Star Wars

• Like 1

There are some movies that it totally feels like people should be generally excited for this winter, like this and Mockingjay

But all anybody talks about is Star Wars

Mockingjay 1 killed the hype for the franchise. If they had made a straight trilogy, Mockingjay (as one movie) would have most likely hit 450M or more domestic because of the momentum it came in with. As it stands, the trailers for both SPECTRE and Mockingjay have been a step below their previous installments. I will not be surprised to see both drop domestically (MJ2 will probably not drop thanks to IMAX screens being available this time around).

• Like 3

I might not be the best voice on this matter since I wasn't enamored by Skyfall, but this does feel like more of the same, as if the movie was done purely out of obligation. All the stuff you expect from a Bond movie is there, but there's not much soul or originality to any of it. Despite also being lukewarm on Mockingjay 1, though, I am looking forward to Part 2 since it looks like it's delivering something bigger and decisive

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Craig has always looked older than his age, but in this ad he's looking older than Moore in A View To A Kill.  I wonder if he'll make Lea a quiche?   :ph34r:

On the bright side unlike Moore he's still in shape enough to do his own fighting, running and jumping.

Very true, but for me, Roger Moore could have carried on into his 60s and Daniel Craig can too! 

Daniel Craig casting announcement was a disaster, who were the fan favorites/finalists back in 2004/2005 ?

Clive Owen ?

Jackman and Owen were the extreme fan favorites

Other names who were reportedly tested

Gerard Butler

Dominic West

Dougray Scott

Karl Urban

Goran Višnjić

Rupert Friend

Alex O'Loughlin

Henry Cavill

• Like 2

Jackman and Owen were the extreme fan favorites

Other names who were reportedly tested

Gerard Butler

Dominic West

Dougray Scott

Karl Urban

Goran Višnjić

Rupert Friend

Alex O'Loughlin

Henry Cavill

Jackman as in Wolvie ?

I don't think he was ever considered by the bond families, he s Wolvie first & foremost.

I agree with Owen, I was sure it was gonna be him at the time.

Are they really considering the Idris Elba thing ?

I really think it could work.

If not Elba, Jessica Chastain is up for it.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1