CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

You weren't expecting this, 007. But...BLOFELD'S BACK! Bond will be having kittens as evil foe returns - with double Oscar winner Christoph Waltz tipped to play him 

"Waltz’s involvement in the new film – which has the working title ‘Bond 24’ – will be confirmed at a press conference to be held in the first week of December. Eon productions, which owns the James Bond film franchise, will announce the star is playing an unknown character called Franz Oberhauser, son of the late Hans Oberhauser, a ski instructor who acted as a father figure to Bond.

But senior sources believe the casting is a double bluff worthy of 007 himself and that Waltz is actually playing Blofeld. One Hollywood source, who asked not to be named, said: ‘Christoph Waltz is playing Blofeld in the next Bond film. The tone of the 007 films has changed significantly in recent years and the producers have changed the character to fit in with the new-look 007.’"

If the Waltz thing is true, I hope EON, if they want to save the reveal till the film, DON'T go down the JJ/STID/Khan route of focusing marketing around Oberhauser. Do it a bit more like Redford in TWS.

Edited by antovolk

Hmmm, thought thought everyone wiuld be estatic with the filming on film news. I dont even know who this Van Hooten dude is.

Cinematographer for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Her, Interstellar. It's going to look pretty damn gorgeous.

• Like 6

I'm glad they are filming on 35mm film over digital. I wonder if the rumors of IMAX footage will end up true, which would make sense why they went with Hoytema since after Interstellar he probably knows the cameras inside and out.

• Like 1

I'm glad they are filming on 35mm film over digital. I wonder if the rumors of IMAX footage will end up true, which would make sense why they went with Hoytema since after Interstellar he probably knows the cameras inside and out.

Likely, I may have posted this in the thread already, IMAX CEO said a while back that B24 will either be "formatted for IMAX" like Skyfall or shot with IMAX cameras. Shooting anamorphically on film gets rid of the former.

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 1