AniNate

JUICY WEEKEND - BJBJ releases with $111M (DHD)

Glad to hear about the bump today! Today was a blast.

Maybe, I'll check out Beetlejuice. I'd rather see Alien: Romulus in IMAX, but it's not here... 💔

Anyways, this SMASH of a song dropped. TWICE truly DOGWALKS K-Pop. Them bitches are their sons!

43 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Glad to hear about the bump today! Today was a blast.

Maybe, I'll check out Beetlejuice. I'd rather see Alien: Romulus in IMAX, but it's not here... 💔

Anyways, this SMASH of a song dropped. TWICE truly DOGWALKS K-Pop. Them bitches are their sons!

Excuse me, BTS is still SERVING...

...in the military 🥲

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

JW came out in 2015, that is almost 10 years ago in different decade. 

Back in 2000s and 2010s, young star were utilised to kick off some fresh franchise like HP, twilight, HG, Transfomer but now Hollywood mostly use them to revive lure young audience into old or legacy IP. Time change.

Why are we acting like Chris Pratt did nothing for JW BO? I'm not the guy's biggest fan either and Garfield this year clearly showed I overestimated his BO appeal, but for a hot minute there post-GOTG, he was at the peak of his powers.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

Let’s not get carried away with $350 million plus just yet. Sure it’s had an amazing Saturday increase, but next weekend will tell us if it’s going over $300 million, nevermind the $350 million mark.

Hold On Wait GIF by Britannia 

It looks more like a $250M movie to me as of now, but it all will depend on that second weekend. That Saturday increase is promising though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

This  has to be among the craziest saturday increase for a PG13 movie in its OW. it increased > 41% at just MTC1 compared to yesterday and MTC1 ratio goes down on a saturday. Could go higher than Charlie's number. 

There was no opening week Saturday night NFL football game with some of the most popular teams in the league...the audiences for those individual games were high (I mean Philly as a city stayed home Friday)...

So, yes families went, but when you have plans made for Thurs and Fri, you're like "okay, let's see the opener Saturday"...it's why I predicted a "Marvel Saturday of old"...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

There was no opening week Saturday night NFL football game with some of the most popular teams in the league...the audiences for those individual games were high (I mean Philly as a city stayed home Friday)...

So, yes families went, but when you have plans made for Thurs and Fri, you're like "okay, let's see the opener Saturday"...it's why I predicted a "Marvel Saturday of old"...

This. NFL is already a depressor for the box office, but when you have the season openers, and two big games in a row on two work/school days? That’s something you can push for the weekend.

• Like 3

As the OG who correctLy told everybody about Jurassic Worlds impending mega breakout well in advance, Chris Pratt played very little role there. There had not been a dinosaur or jungle adventure film in forever. It was so overdue. Slap on the Jurassic Park brand and some disappointing May tentpole films and the table was set. Give it positive reviews and boom goes the dynamite. Showtime limitations cost that film good $10m opening weekend.

Friday revised to 41.8m whereas Saturday is 41.8m too. WB is projecting a 37% Sunday drop , which is quite sensible but still there is room for improvement to beat Alice in the wonderland as the biggest burton film OW.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Friday revised to 41.8m whereas Saturday is 41.8m too. WB is projecting a 37% Sunday drop , which is quite sensible but still there is room for improvement to beat Alice in the wonderland as the biggest burton film OW.

With the amount of families that seemingly came out for it on Saturday, I wouldn’t be surprised with a Sunday drop more in line with 25%.

That Sunday drop is definitely an underestimate given the demos this is playing to. Transformers and The Wild Robot might be sweating a bit right now as the family-targeted breakout void is looking like it might have been filled (like Barbie, it's obvious the PG-13 isn't turning off any families from seeing this).

• Like 1