Krissykins

Weekend Thread Sept 13th-15th

The fact kind of influencers are everywhere on YouTube, Twitter and so on and they can potentially reach everyone with their contents seems something to worried about more than the same content being on a theater for a very selected target.  

The only thing i can say about It is that Homer Simpson joke on The Simpson movie "if you pay for the same thing you can have for free at home you must be stupid"

Edited by vale9001

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

anyone noticed D&W has quietly had some of the best legs of any Marvel movie? Even beating many of the origin movies. 

Not so quietly I feel like? Big celebrations over its legs from days like 6-14 iirc.  

This is a nice Friday and probably sets us up for ~5.7 wknd and O/U 640

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John Marston said:

anyone noticed D&W has quietly had some of the best legs of any Marvel movie? Even beating many of the origin movies. 

That last weekend of July release is a very good investment for Marvel, they really cooked by locking it for the next couple of years. Still playing in 3K theaters is wild!

Saturday update. Must be some really good holds down-box-office if Deadline's anticipating a $100mil+ weekend

Box Office: 'Beetlejuice Beetlejuice' Looking At $50M Second Weekend (deadline.com)

SATURDAY AM: Refresh for more …and chart…The second weekend of September looks to jump past $100M for the first time since pre-Covid 2019 thanks to Warner Bros’ Beetlejuice Beetlejuice rally at the box office, set for a second $50M weekend after a second Friday of $14.4M.

This weekend is 61% ahead of a year ago when New Line’s Nun II battled through the actors strikes when casts weren’t permitted to promote. Back in 2019 at this time, New Line’s It: Chapter Two during its second frame drove a marketplace that counted $110.8M per Box Office Mojo.

12 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Saturday update. Must be some really good holds down-box-office if Deadline's anticipating a $100mil+ weekend

Box Office: 'Beetlejuice Beetlejuice' Looking At $50M Second Weekend (deadline.com)

SATURDAY AM: Refresh for more …and chart…The second weekend of September looks to jump past $100M for the first time since pre-Covid 2019 thanks to Warner Bros’ Beetlejuice Beetlejuice rally at the box office, set for a second $50M weekend after a second Friday of $14.4M.

This weekend is 61% ahead of a year ago when New Line’s Nun II battled through the actors strikes when casts weren’t permitted to promote. Back in 2019 at this time, New Line’s It: Chapter Two during its second frame drove a marketplace that counted $110.8M per Box Office Mojo.

This blurb is making my head hurt. Like…what?

As we told you yesterday, Blumhouse/Universal’s Speak No Evil is coming in ahead of forecasts with $12.3M after a $4.9M Friday. This movie in its essence feels arthouse with its UK setting, and dialogue driven quiet thriller narrative.

3 hours ago, justnumbers said:

Honestly I'm starting to hope 2024 doesn't pass 2023 cause some of you are just really annoying with that "Oh my god I'm SOO worried now 2024 won't pass 2023. What will I do? Should I tell my parents? Will they kick me out of my house? Where are the PILLS???"

Worried...

Bruh. Sit your ass down and take a shit. That's something you should be worried about. How many shits you take per day and if your intestines are working and you're getting all that shit out.

No one is losing sleep, it’d just be a cool thing.

also, what the hell was that last part

1 minute ago, AniNate said:

There's an Usher concert doc and a God's Not Dead movie opening this weekend too that haven't been reported yet, so those are probably helping boost the total box office. Maybe that Dan Da Dan anime release as well.

How are they still making movies for an audience that is down to like, 4 people lol.

Speak No Evil's opening day seems fine, it'll probably have a decent multiplier for the weekend overall even with the Friday the 13th gimmick and legs should be solid since it has no direct competition until Smile 2 (forgot about Terrifier, though that's likely going to play like a very niche product) with WOM (B+ is very good for this sort of movie). There will always be an audience for a well-made "(blank) From Hell" thriller.

Edited by filmlover

Watched Top Gun Maverick again last night. There is a reason that movie made over 700 million DOM and no movie since has come close to that and no movie on the schedule seems like it will be able to get to that number except maybe one or both of the Avengers sequels. It is just a dam perfect popcorn blockbuster that does everything right and does the 36 year later Legacy sequel thing  just right. Beetlejuice Beetlejuice is a solid good watch but it does not come close. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AniNate said:

Well I guarantee you the anxiety isn't gonna stop if it starts looking less likely it might happen, so what you should be hoping for is a lot more breakout successes so the possibility seems much more likely and people ease up about it

Anxiety? Like, real anxiety? About what?

It doesn't matter and never will. We went from "this year will end well behind 2023" to "my anxiety is triggering if the 2024 box office doesn't pass 2023. Where is the medicine? Can someone wake up when it's January? Why do I stink? Where are my parents?" LOL can only roll my eyes. This is a box office forum. Not the Box Office Asylum. Yall take this way too seriously. 

It's fine to feel disappointed about it in a way but to feel anxiety? Anxiety if it makes 10M more or less than 2023? That's honestly just... (quite) a bit pathetic. Idk if this is worthy of warning points, but I think it'll be worth it.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

And anyways, chart from Deadline.

1. Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (WB) 4,575 theaters, Fri $14.4M 3-day $50M (-55%) Total $186.4M/Wk 2
  2. Speak No Evil (Uni) 3,375 theaters Fri $4.9M, 3-day $12.3M/Wk 1
  3. Deadpool & Wolverine (Dis) 3,075 theaters, Fri $1.4M (-21%) 3-day $5.5M (-21%) Total $621.1M/Wk 8
  4. Am I Racist? (SDG) 1,517 theaters, Fri $1.96M 3-day $4.7M/Wk 1

5.) Reagan (Showbiz) 2,450 (-320) theaters, Fri $905M (-40%) 3-day $3.2M (-32%), Total $23.5M/Wk 3

6.) Alien: Romulus (20th/Dis) 1,950 (-610) theaters, Fri $682K (-33%) 3-day $2.6M (-34%) Total $101M/Wk 5

7.) The Killer’s Game (LG) 2,623 theaters, Fri $1.06M 3-day $2.5M-$3M, Wk 1

8.) It Ends With Us (Sony) 2,209 (-641) theaters, Fri $635K (-43%) 3-day $2.1M (-43%), Total $144.9M, Wk 6

9.) The Forge (Sony) 1,614 (-96) theaters, Fri $525K (-32%) 3-day $2M (-33%), Total $24.1M/Wk 4

1. God’s Not Dead: In God We Trust (Fath) 1,392 theaters, Fri $500K, 3-day $1.7M, Total $2M/Wk 1

• Like 2