Krissykins

Weekend Thread Sept 20th-22nd

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Just bring back Michael Bay and Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf and you'll probably get a billion dollar grossing Transformers again. Ersatz films like Transformers 1 and bumblebee without Michael Bay and the cast, critics jerk off over them and audiences stay away. Don't get me wrong I know bumblebee made almost half a billion dollar worldwide but it really struggled in North america.

But for the most part by the time of the Last Knight audiences had tired of the Bay movies. At least DOM it still made like 500 OS. Bayformers should stay in the past.

39 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

You may be the only person who says the sentence  GXK is the only good movie to make money since Oppenheimer.

GXK is the only good movie to make money since Oppenheimer.

Now there are two.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Maggie said:

All these three people are washed up. The Bay movies were on a downward spiral.

You're missing the point

22 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

But for the most part by the time of the Last Knight audiences had tired of the Bay movies. At least DOM it still made like 500 OS. Bayformers should stay in the past.

What's past is prologue. I didn't say just bring back Michael Bay I mean bring back Shia and Megan and Taye Diggs and Josh and Turturro. Bring back everything that people liked about Transformers 1-3.

• Like 1

They're all in various stages of past their prime, at least one of them needs to establish something of a mainstream career again before I'd say a nostalgia sequel would be worth throwing hundreds of millions of dollars into again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

You're missing the point

I understand what you're trying to say. They brought back Winona and the rest for Beetlejuice 2 and they are not exactly hip and current. BUT, I just can't see Meghan Foxx playing the young, sexy thing anymore and Shia cool. That ship has sailed

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

They're all in various stages of past their prime, at least one of them needs to establish something of a mainstream career again before I'd say a nostalgia sequel would be worth throwing hundreds of millions of dollars into again.

Yeah Shia is not Robert Downey Jr  here where he just needs to clean himself up and get his shit together he needs to do a lot more than that.

Not everything has to be and endless saga with 10 movie in 20 years.

The bay saga was dropping fast too and especially now china Is not strong these movies with 250M budget and 150M marketing don't seen a good idea too.

People don't want a new Transformers movie every 2 years. Wait 10-15 years and then make a new big movie. 

Edited by vale9001

A Transformers legacy sequel bringing back Michael Bay, Megan Fox, and Shia LaBeouf is genuinally a terrible idea. 

Unlike what feels like the entire internet at this point, I'm not against legacy sequels, but a Transformers legacy sequel is probably one of the most shameless things a studio could ever greenlight. 

Beyond the fact that the Michael Bay Transformers movies are clearly products of their time (back when seeing action movies on such a big scale were an automatic event), there's no way you're gonna get either Megan Fox or Shia LaBeouf to come back. Both of them even said years ago that they didn't want to be in any more Transformers movies and combine that with LaBeouf's recent history, I just can't imagine a scenario where this would happen. 

Even with Michael Bay, I get the feeling that he just wants to move on from Transformers. This isn't a Beetlejuice Beetlejuice situation where Tim Burton chose to come back because maybe he could rediscover that joy of filmmaking again. Michael Bay still seems to enjoy making big dumb action movies, so unless he were desperate, there would be no reason for him to come back. 

I'm sorry, but there is no world where a Transformers legacy sequel is making $1B. Some things just aren't gonna happen.

Guys, Baumer's right. Nostalgia slop is the only thing that sells. If people see a Transformers movie with all the old cast members, they'd eat it up like piggies. I know we like to deny this reality, but the masses are like robots. They see things from their childhood, they move, no questions asked. It's as cynical as that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eric Prime said:

Guys, Baumer's right. Nostalgia slop is the only thing that sells. If people see a Transformers movie with all the old cast members, they'd eat it up like piggies. I know we like to deny this reality, but the masses are like robots. They see things from their childhood, they move, no questions asked. It's as cynical as that.

I feel that’s a little too cynical. Not every IP film is a nostalgic toy commercial, as you would put it. There are a lot of them, don’t get me wrong but there are good IP films. And there are IP films that flop big time 

• Like 1