Eric Quinn

Joker: Folie a Deux (2024) Spoiler Thread

Joker: Folie a Deux (2024)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

1 hour ago, JimmyB said:

My showing last night had around 25 people.  A couple walked out an hour into it and about 5 mins later 4 others walked out.

The movie is dull.  It's not a bad movie just a boring one, IMO. 5/10. 

With the MCU Deadpool I knew exactly what I was getting even if I didnt think that movie was very good.  It's like ordering McDonalds you know what you are getting....Joker 2 is like ordering McDonalds but someone pissed in your drink.

Joker 2 is ordering McDonalds but the generic cook thinks he's some renowned french chef lol.

Yeah, so that movie is not THAT bad. I give it 7/10.

What i didn't like....the relationship between joker and gaga needed explored more, i didn't feel the folie a deux. I know they had all these musical aspects of their relationship, but they didn't hit hard.

Edited by Maggie

1 hour ago, Mad Max007 said:

This pays homage to Heath's Joker legacy in the worst cheapest way possible. Who even thought it was a good idea?

Could have been Phoenix's idea. They were friends so maybe it was his way saying Heath is the real Joker. Who knows.

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

Surprisingly, Wells with a good take  https://hollywood-elsewhere.com/a-film-that-doesnt-believe-in-gentle-romance/#disqus_thread

Anyway, i think in general people don't like it because he renounces the Joker identity. People don't like the loser Arthur, they wanted more Joker mayhem

Exactly. audience in real life had the same reaction as the people in the film. LOL.

16 hours ago, fmpro said:

Do some of you think that this movie sets up Two Face and/or a new Joker for the Batman 2 movie?

Dent`s face gets burned on the one side and the dude that kills Fleck carves up his own mouth with a knife. Or will this just end here and The Batman franchise will do its own thing.

I think Reeves wants nothing to do with this fiasco.

16 hours ago, Flopped said:

It's definitely better than most Marvel movies where a bland actor named Chris tries to be charmingly relatable and cracks likable jokes to elicit chuckles. It's like a 3/5

Like we've had to sit through 16 years of unwatchable Marvel "movies" that are at best a 2.5/5 and this is the one that people can't stand? Fuck outta here. 

I will save the mods some trouble:

Cut out the fan wars BS.

11 hours ago, Firepower said:

Poor directing is part of the point of F U sequel?

I really debate the whole idea of an FU sequel unless the director is really crazy. Other studios will notice, and will be reluctant to give you big bucks since you have shown you can't be trusted.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

people grading this an F ? i don't understand just the artistry of it brings it up to C at worst.

People lost their shit like never before, next stop is death threats to filmmakers and cast members, we live in society.

I actually checked Lady Gaga's last post and people already blame her for this movie under comment section.

Edited by Firepower

9 minutes ago, Firepower said:

People lost their shit like never before, next stop is death threats to filmmakers and cast members, we live in society.

I actually checked Lady Gaga's last post and people already blame her for this movie under comment section.

she did a solid job, i blame her for a good movie

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maggie said:

Surprisingly, Wells with a good take  https://hollywood-elsewhere.com/a-film-that-doesnt-believe-in-gentle-romance/#disqus_thread

Anyway, i think in general people don't like it because he renounces the Joker identity. People don't like the loser Arthur, they wanted more Joker mayhem

The movie equivalent of the Malcom X assassination. 

This movie absolutely hates the success and takeways that audiences gave the first movie and actively repudiates it, which is an interesting swerve for a sequel.

Too bad it does so in a mostly inert and formless way, with awkwardly grafted musical sequences that just pop out of nowhere and disappear almost as quickly.

Did the guards rape Arthur when they dragged him into the bathroom a d that’s what broke him and made him not want to be joker anymore. If that’s what they were implying why there was no need for that they could have found another way to make Arthur not want to be joker anymore