ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

17 hours ago, wattage said:

Groups of Spider- Men. I do think No Way Home put them in a corporate hole where 1 billion dollars isnt enough for them anymore in their minds, like Far From Home or the 00s Spider-Man movies likely are with proper inflation adjustments and OS conversions. So they're gonna just never let him have a normal solo movie again anytime soon. 

Sony is their own worst enemy when it comes to the Spider-Man IP.  All the fans want a street level movie which the end of NWH teased and what we might be getting is just ugh, I hate corporate greed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I see that all the time

don't think I saw any mention of any age requirements for the site when I first signed up in 2017

I wanna add a question mark somewhere in there so it doesn't seem like a complaint, I'm mostly just curious 

Wasn't @Ethan Hunt in high school when he started posting? I'm sure some others on here including trolls are kids.

The thing about Avengers film is that they make a LOT of money but they cost A TON of money. IW might have cost $400M. It's mainly about paying talent.

Maybe these films would cost much less if MCU had started out with Avengers as their first film, and every film spun off of that?

The X-men films have much more reasonable budgets. Apocalypse "only" cost $178M and had a ton of destroying cities stuff going on in the climax.

Edited by Mojoguy

Paying 800 million for two movies sounds like alot but it's kind of worth it when they bring in 4.8 billion in revenue. 

I'm sure GTA6 will be one of the most expensive games ever made but I doubt the developers are worried at all.

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Paying 800 million for two movies sounds like alot but it's kind of worth it when they bring in 4.8 billion in revenue. 

I'm sure GTA6 will be one of the most expensive games ever made but I doubt the developers are worried at all.

D&W was a huge hit. It's a teamup movie with 2 A-listers that cost significantly less than an Avengers.

What the MCU can do next is make more smaller teamup films like D&W and Thor Ragnarok. They will make more money without breaking the bank.

Edited by Mojoguy

13 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I think I read somewhere that GTA5 is the highest selling media of all time. GTA6 probably outgrosses every film next year. 

13 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

If MoM scraped to $950M WW, I don't see how Kang Dynasty does sub $1B with China back in the fold. It probably does $1.3B which would be average results. 

MoM would have made $1B with China. It was a hit, legs just weren't good.

2 hours ago, Assassin said:

Red One (Nov 15th)

Kraven (Dec 13th)

Both could be big disasters.

Oh my God that Red One movie looks HORRIBLE. I cringed at the trailer. An appropriate way to start Joker 2.

24 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

If MoM scraped to $950M WW, I don't see how Kang Dynasty does sub $1B with China back in the fold. It probably does $1.3B which would be average results. 

MoM came out before Ant-man 3. If it released in 2023, it would’ve made less than the first film