Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Not dreaming...

The way late shows picked up and given the WOM, matinees will be much stronger on Saturday while evening shows will remain at least as strong.

200M opening... here we come!!

I'm not going to rule this out.

Avengers has had insane WOM. Most people who see it want to see it again immediately. It's unreal.

I still think TDKR will sell more tickets, but who cares? This is an incredible weekend and July 20-22 will be as well. Screw the fanboy divisions -- this is the best part of being a movie/box office fan.

No question. This may actually help TDKr now, knowing this kind of pent up demand can be unleashed from this and THG

I still think TDKR will sell more tickets, but who cares? This is an incredible weekend and July 20-22 will be as well. Screw the fanboy divisions -- this is the best part of being a movie/box office fan.

True

Bat fansboys will care

Four 400M movies in one year... how absurd :lol:

HOLY CRAP!! My high end was 75 million. Yes Yes Yes!!! Record is history and whatever number it sets for the new record, TDKR will have a tough time trying to beat it without 3D.I also think this could challenge TDK 533 million number. Excellent reviews, very strong WOM, and the competition isn't very strong this month.Also I chose this as the biggest movie of the Summer so I'm a tad bias lol.

BJ's prediction

BJs Breakdown

Midnights: 18.1m (new official estimate)

Fri: 62.40m (estimated 8.5m tickets sold with midnights and a 55% 3D share)

Sat: 67.00m +8% / -16% (7.2m tickets sold)

Sun: 52.90m -21% (5.57m tickets sold)

Opening Wknd: 200.40m (21.27m tickets sold / bwhahahaha HUGE)