Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Are you sure? Because I remember on BOM forums Inny posted that Avatar beat TDK in tickets sales only by a couple of hundred million.

That's because Avatar had a 75-80% 3D share. And I sure hope that couple hundred million comment was a typo. :lol:I calculated about a 5m ticket difference between Avatar and TDK. Edited by redfirebird2008

Are you sure? Because I remember on BOM forums Inny posted that Avatar beat TDK in tickets sales only by a couple of hundred million. So how could TA need only 675m, after two years inflation?

couple of hundred million? :blink:

$65+m is really the minimum, I think. Matinees are looking absolutely enormous, well ahead of anything I've seen since Spider-Man 3. OMG I'm getting so excited! :rotfl:

70M will lock 200M.

Basically, if $70m happens, then you can pencil in a gross around Titanic, lol.

Yes!!!!!! Now this is much more like it! Now OW record is sure to go down!!!!! I confess to have been very disappointed by the initial 67m estimate. Now I am absolutely giddy with happiness!!!! go TA!!!!!!! OW record is going down!!!!! :D:lol::D:wub:

• Founder / Operator

Ticket sales between TDK and Avatar were too close for anyone to make a definitive call on. The margin for error is too wide, especially with 3D in the mix for Avatar.

Are you sure? Because I remember on BOM forums Inny posted that Avatar beat TDK in tickets sales only by a couple of hundred million. So how could TA need only 675m, after two years inflation?

It wasn't couple but around 6 or 7M admissions plus like red pointed Avatar had crazy 3D percentage.

This has nothing to do with anything, but WTF Avatar had an only 77M OW? Somebody explain.

When you think about it, it makes sense. It was an original movie not a sequel and had many snowouts along the east coast.

That's because Avatar had a 75-80% 3D share. And I sure hope that couple hundred million comment was a typo. :lol:I calculated about a 5m ticket difference between Avatar and TDK.

couple of hundred million? :blink:

LOL my bad.I mean a couple of million... Edited by vc2002

Yes!!!!!! Now this is much more like it! Now OW record is sure to go down!!!!! I confess to have been very disappointed by the initial 67m estimate. Now I am absolutely giddy with happiness!!!! go TA!!!!!!! OW record is going down!!!!! :D:lol::D:wub:

You still stuck at OW record?

We are talking about 200M OW here!!

Ticket sales between TDK and Avatar were too close for anyone to make a definitive call on. The margin for error is too wide, especially with 3D in the mix for Avatar.

IMAX lowers TDK admissions to around Shrek 2 and SM1 roughly 70-71M.

Does anyone know the percentage of 3D this has? Not trying to downgrade the achievement, but in comparison to TDK and THG, I just want to know. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. :)

63%