Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

SATURDAY PM… REFRESH FOR LATEST… Sources tell me that Marvel’s The Avengers is looking at $60M-$64M for today after making $80.5M Friday (including $18.7M midnights) and is still on track for that record-setting $175M-$179M domestic weekend opening. Refined numbers later…

I see she fixed her earlier typo.

Nikki is a moron. Defend her all you want by blaming her numbers on her sources, but I don't think her sources are stopping her from giving a good weekend estimate. She thinks the movie is going to drop almost 50% on Sunday.

Nolan fell into their lap. Didn't he pitch the idea of Begins to them in the first place? I don't even think they went out of their way to get him. This was after they were seriously considering the disastrous Frank Miller/Darren Aronofsky "Year One" script. They scrapped it at the last second only because it was Rated R. The origin itself is shit though and would have received huge backlash from fans, including me. I'm kind of getting a similar vibe with this new Spider-Man origin. Really don't like what I've heard about how they changed his origin. Anyway, bottom line is I don't think we can trust WB at all when it comes to these adaptations. They just got lucky as shit with Donner, Burton, and Nolan. Otherwise it's been crap, crap, and more crap.

All of those cats you mentioned had ultimate reverence for the source material. Raimi did as well(If you ignore SM3). You can also throw in Favreau and Whedon in that category as well. Webb doesn't strike me as a huge fan of Spider-Man, I could be wrong and I hope I am. The only thing that has me pumped for TASM is the apparent practical stunt work I've seen, his more authentic poses, body and attitude. Tobey was always way too stiff in the suit, he looked uncomfortable. Garfield is gangly enough that he can get more authentic poses and action. I'm waiting to see what they do to the origin. But I don't think it can get any worse than shoehorning Sandman in as Uncle Ben's killer.

Nikki is a moron. Defend her all you want by blaming her numbers on her sources, but I don't think her sources are stopping her from giving a good weekend estimate. She thinks the movie is going to drop almost 50% on Sunday.

So she thinks the movie will drop to $32 million on Sunday? Preposterous <_<