Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

OK, I've taken a breather and had a few beers. Then I read something about someone climaxing and got really distracted.

Here are our numbers:

Midnights

2D - 498

3D - 186

Total - 684

Friday

2D - 1086

3D - 1283

Total - 2369

Complete Friday - 3053

Saturday

2D - 1214

3D - 1792

Total - 3006

We got really close, but the last show at midnight did almost nothing.

Oh well.

That 3D share keeps improving!! Despite being a bit lower on attendance, I'd think it brought in more dollars.

We may be looking at a 75M+ Saturday!! :o

OK, I've taken a breather and had a few beers. Then I read something about someone climaxing and got really distracted.

Here are our numbers:

Midnights

2D - 498

3D - 186

Total - 684

Friday

2D - 1086

3D - 1283

Total - 2369

Complete Friday - 3053

Saturday

2D - 1214

3D - 1792

Total - 3006

We got really close, but the last show at midnight did almost nothing.

Oh well.

I'm really impressed by 3D numbers on Saturday. Almost 60%.

That 3D share keeps improving!! Despite being a bit lower on attendance, I'd think it brought in more dollars.We may be looking at a 75M+ Saturday!! :o

I think there is going to be a lot of people that went with 2D first, then watch it in 3D to see how it looks.

I saw TA tonight. Entertaining as fuck.I have to say this: this is not my favorite superhero film of all time, BUT...I'd wager that this is the superhero film that feels like a superhero film the most, if that makes any sense. What I mean is that, as fantastic as TDK is, TA does not feel "ashamed" to wear its superhero comic credentials on its sleeve. It was colorful, action-packed, it had strong characterization, and it had that Marvel-ish humor that most Marvel comics have nowadays. Basically, it was the most faithful adaptation of a Marvel comic book I have ever seen. And by the way, Whedon's typical humor, the kind that annoys the hell out of me, was there, but it didn't overwhelm the proceedings. At least it did not feel like that to me. Now all I hope is that they PLEASE add Ms. Marvel or any other female to the mix for the sequel. The sausage fest is ok, but come on...who would not want to see Wanda or Carol in a sequel? All in all, I had a great time, and I continue eating crow, happily.

• Like 1

Are people choosing 3D or is just 2D was selling out and people had to go 3D?

Well, that is the question isn't it.We had 11 3D shows and only 7 2D. When one sold out, it spilled over into the next show time, whatever it may be.So, yeah.