Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Technically, Marvel made the Avengers...and Paramount still get 20%, so Disney have the biggest bomb.And Brave is from Pixar. They'll have to wait until Wreck It Ralph and see if that can take on Rise of the Guardians.

And public humiliation, too.

Didn't she go to the stage for receiving her razzie?I think it's cool (in a way)And just for the record: i really really really want to see Cuaron's Gravity.

Technically, Marvel made the Avengers...and Paramount still get 20%, so Disney have the biggest bomb.

And Brave is from Pixar. They'll have to wait until Wreck It Ralph and see if that can take on Rise of the Guardians.

This Ralph must be an american thing, right?

Or maybe i'm too old/young to remember some childhood favorite...

Technically, Marvel made the Avengers...and Paramount still get 20%, so Disney have the biggest bomb.

And Brave is from Pixar. They'll have to wait until Wreck It Ralph and see if that can take on Rise of the Guardians.

Dom or ww?

Sooo right.We will never have 2 sets of DC heroes: the "auteur" one and the "studio" one. DC must work with directors-actors like Marvel did but without the "Uncle Scrooge" relation to money. (I mean...less than 1M for ressurected Rourke in a big tentpole?)

Well considering Rourke didn't do jackshit in Iron Man 2, I'd say good thing they didn't pay him more.Plus, they have their work cut out because I'm sure Christian Bale won't return, and they can't, even though they're trying to have a reboot in three years. I think people won't show up. Anyway, I don't know how DC/JLA is supposed to be, but Batman and Superman seem too big to fit into one movie. It's not like any of the Marvel heroes present here were massive.

Technically, Marvel made the Avengers...and Paramount still get 20%, so Disney have the biggest bomb.And Brave is from Pixar. They'll have to wait until Wreck It Ralph and see if that can take on Rise of the Guardians.

I thought the deal was 8%? Pretty sure it is. Besides, it's all about the merchandise. That's where the mega money is for Disney. I'd imagine they're planning an Avengers ride for Walt Disney World right about now. Imagine a 3D simulator a la the Spider-Man Universal Studios one?!!! Hell yeah. $$$$

Dom or ww?

No idea. I just read that they received the upfront $115-150m or something and will receive a cut of the film anyway. Also, Disney don't have their logo on Marvel movies for not a reason stated, but you can probably guess that Disney as a studio means dirt outside of animation so good creative thinking.

Wreck it Ralph is an original movie. As far as I know, It's a bit like Roger Rabbit with video games.

It sounds pretty good. Tangled was fantastic so hopefully it continues. Just making a point that outside of their brands, and the Dreamworks movies they're supposed to distribute (but like there's none this year? wtf?) they only have animation. Disney are just creatively bankrupt.

Well considering Rourke didn't do jackshit in Iron Man 2, I'd say good thing they didn't pay him more.Plus, they have their work cut out because I'm sure Christian Bale won't return, and they can't, even though they're trying to have a reboot in three years. I think people won't show up. Anyway, I don't know how DC/JLA is supposed to be, but Batman and Superman seem too big to fit into one movie. It's not like any of the Marvel heroes present here were massive.

Can Bale "pulls a Depp" and stay in the franchise after the departure of the director (Verbinsky/OST)?Bat and Supes are big because (also) of the movies legacy.On paper, we have a very skilled detective with no superpowers and a powerful alien.Avengers get an armored man, a demi-god, a giant, etc

The deal was Disney got the distribution rights back for Avengers and Iron Man 3 for $115 million. Paramount also get 8% of the box office for each movie and their name on each film too. Despite spending nothing. So in total they stand to make around $300 million total, including the upfront fee. Disney technically aren't making any more money as they own marvel of course, but they at least got to market their own movie. And what a job they did.

DC needs to change Nolan, Goyer and Snyder's "vision" and make them understand that Superman is supposed to be the first of many movies that exists in a newly created movieverse. JLA will bomb and look like a copycat if they rush it. For something like this to work it needs build up, it needs anticipation. I've read that Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are icons therefore people will be as excited for a JLA movie as they are for The Avengers, nothing is further from the truth.The Avengers is this box office monster because people not only know these characters, they care about them. Not only that, every single Marvel film were building to this point we are now. That's what Warner needs to realize, and I'm all for them to tell Nolan and Snyder to suck it and make Man of Steel the first to many to come. DC characters can and should exist in the same universe, Warner needs to make this very clear to Snyder and Nolan.

Nolan made WB biggest grossing DOM film and the hugely successful Inception, no one is going to tell him to suck it, why would they?

No, this year.

Why was i in the idea of WorldWar 2?Of course it was created before, you're right. 75, i like this number (Superman next year).On the home entertainment front, Disney doesnt have anything new about Snow White, right? Some secret bonus/stuff?

Can Bale "pulls a Depp" and stay in the franchise after the departure of the director (Verbinsky/OST)?Bat and Supes are big because (also) of the movies legacy.On paper, we have a very skilled detective with no superpowers and a powerful alien.Avengers get an armored man, a demi-god, a giant, etc

Please God no, I've enough of growling Batman. One last Bale's Batman is good enough. I'm hoping Ammie Hammer prove himself with Lone Ranger and become a contender for the Batman role in the reboot. We need a Batman just like redfirebird2008 was talking about, the most skilled detective and fighter in the World, not only a ninja. And for the love of God, no more growling. Deep voice yes, but the growling has to go.