Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

TDKR has no chance here - anything think WB might give up on the record here and move the release date up by a day or 2 ?

Avengers essentially sold out every show on every screen this weekend. It hit capacity and I'm not sure how TDKR can match it without the 3D boost. I think a move to Wednesday would be wise, more money in the bank

Take BKB out of the equation and i'm pretty sure nearly everyone was off by at least 30m ... some by as much as a 100m ;) - i can still remember some predicts saying iron man 1 OW .... lolTDKR has no chance here - anything think WB might give up on the record here and move the release date up by a day or 2 ?

I was one of the higher predictions after BKB and Mav. My final prediction was around 170M and that was off by 37M. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Avengers essentially sold out every show on every screen this weekend. It hit capacity and I'm not sure how TDKR can match it without the 3D boost. I think a move to Wednesday would be wise, more money in the bank

Agreed. 2 extra weekdays in July would be a good move for the film.

MONDAY 7:30 AM, 2ND UPDATE: Rival studios are telling me that Marvel’s The Avengers is on pace to make as much as $56.8M for Sunday’s gross. That would put the Disney film’s 3-day record-breaking opening weekend’s domestic cume about $207.1M and its global total near $650M. But only Monday actuals will tell the final tally.

Hurry up already, lol

I know...but the Sunday drop would be softened because they have no school or work on Monday.

So lets compare its first 4 day weekend (Th-S/two working days/two free) to its second 4 day weekend (F-M/one working day/three free).Second weekend 3 day is only -50% on first weekend 4 days. ;)

So lets compare its first 4 day weekend (Th-S/two working days/two free) to its second 4 day weekend (F-M/one working day/three free).Second weekend 3 day is only -50% on first weekend 4 days. ;)

I'm not downplaying the hold, it's excellent. But the Sunday would be softened due to he holiday on Monday. Fair enough?

Fair enough?

Yes, I'm not trying to argue, sorry if it seems that why. :unsure: Just comparing what everybody expected for his movie like 3 weeks ago and what it's doing now is great for my statistics loving soul. :blink: :)I'm just mind blown by what this movie has managed to achieve. :worthy:And am currently missing my second deadline in a week for a report I have to hand in at Uni because of it, but could care less.Last sleep - 36 hours ago - worth it. :lol:
  • Like 1

It went up seven million. IT WENT UP SEVEN MILLION!Bye bye Titanic

And it might not be done yet. RTH said it could go as high as 60 on sunday.

I know...but the Sunday drop would be softened because they have no school or work on Monday.

Is that a given after the way Avengers performed on Sunday in the U.S.? I was reading here about sellouts well into the evening despite the fact that people had to go to school/work today.

Is that a given after the way Avengers performed on Sunday in the U.S.? I was reading here about sellouts well into the evening despite the fact that people had to go to school/work today.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean? I was mentioning the drop in the UK.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean? I was mentioning the drop in the UK.

I was thinking that if audiences in the U.S. were not greatly effected by having to get up for work/school in Monday, is it fair to say the same could have been true of UK audiences?Just saying it's not a "given" that a Monday holiday had a huge effect. It could be debatable, yes? Edited by Harpospoke

Take BKB out of the equation and i'm pretty sure nearly everyone was off by at least 30m ... some by as much as a 100m ;) - i can still remember some predicts saying iron man 1 OW .... lolTDKR has no chance here - anything think WB might give up on the record here and move the release date up by a day or 2 ?

Was of by nearly 50M. A lot changed their minds after April 25th, til days before release so some more close.