Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Wow. That's 21.5-22.5 est tickets. Record broken.

Anybody else surprised by how much John Carter improved this weekend?

Must have hit the cheap theaters. Awesome!

I was more impressed with the Friday day than the midnights, then I was more impressed with the Saturday hold than Friday. Now I am more impressed with the Sunday drop than Saturday.

This is just ridiculous. $207 million? Insanity. I knew this would be huge but I couldn't fathom this. I can't really see TDKR beating this. Looks like team-ups may be the future of superhero movies.So do we think it actually had higher attendance than TDK or no?

What are we thinking for today? I'm done thinking rationally about this crazy film, but I still think TDK's non-holiday Monday record is safe. A drop similar to Spider-man 10 years ago would put it around 20. You would think that anything north of $20 million would make the PTB happy.

And pretty much ten years on the nose since SM1.

7 years before that, 50m was broken and 6 years before that 40m was broken then 5 years before that 25m. So we have a 5-7 year span between major benchmarks being smashed. Though I doubt it will take until 2017 for 250 to be broken.