Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Absolutely.What people fail to realise is that The Avengers faces massive movies in the coming weeks that will make its journey to $600 million impossible.

Like what, Battleship? The movie that's only made 200 million at the box office in the past month it's been released overseas?

Captain America 2 and Thor 2 obviously wont match the scale of this, but are 100M OW's in play for these movies now? What could IM3 possible do? Over/under 150M? I cant give my input until i see a trailer for it

imoIron man 3 170/450Thor 2 101/345CA 2 110/350This assuming the are good films.

Absolutely.What people fail to realise is that The Avengers faces massive movies in the coming weeks that will make its journey to $600 million impossible.I hope it does make that much. I really do. But experience tells me otherwise.Jurassic Park adjusted nearly hit $700 million. And this is no Jurassic Park.I've always seen that movie as the benchmark for summer movies.

I love Jurassic Park and it was a phenom in 1993, i'm not sure it would gross 700mil if it was released today instead of 1993 though and thats why i don't think adjusting films grosses work (especialy from different eras).Anyway it will be interesting to see what TA does over the coming weeks, it will also be interesting to see peoples reactions when the film comes well short of 600mil which it will imo.

I think it will be.It going to be one last tent pool films in 2D the others being Breaking Dawn and Catching Fire.

Warner put 3D for the last entry in the HP saga.Could Summit do the same thing for BDp2?I forgot!X-Men franchise is not 3D.

Captain America 2 and Thor 2 obviously wont match the scale of this, but are 100M OW's in play for these movies now? What could IM3 possible do? Over/under 150M? I cant give my input until i see a trailer for it

I`ve noticed a lot of interest in development of Thor and Loki story in Thor 2 based on Internet chatter. So that sequel should get quite a boost from TA. Not sure about CA2 and IM3 but most likely the same boost. There`s no chatter ebcause, frankly, their stories weren`t left hanging in the "what happens next" like Thor`s. But Im` sure there`s anticipation. Edited by fishnets

You are so right.Is TDKR the last 2D super-hero movie ever?

Hopefully not. I liked the last 30 minutes of Avengers in 3D though. Probably because it was mostly computer animated. When I saw it in 2D it definitely lost something. But I'm still on the fence with 3D. The only movies that have impressed me were Hugo and Avatar. The computer animated films look pretty great too. Unfortunately much of the format's issues are to do with the varying degrees of quality the cinemas project them at. Midnight screenings for Prometheus are on sale for June 1st in the UK. Only the 3D though and I'm scared the theater wont make it bright enough. So risky. It's a gamble everytime I go.

Like what, Battleship? The movie that's only made 200 million at the box office in the past month it's been released overseas?

Putting "Battleship" and "200M" in the same sentence seems so off.lol

Hopefully not.I liked the last 30 minutes of Avengers in 3D though. Probably because it was mostly computer animated. When I saw it in 2D it definitely lost something. But I'm still on the fence with 3D. The only movies that have impressed me were Hugo and Avatar. The computer animated films look pretty great too. Unfortunately much of the format's issues are to do with the varying degrees of quality the cinemas project them at.Midnight screenings for Prometheus are on sale for June 1st in the UK. Only the 3D though and I'm scared the theater wont make it bright enough. So risky. It's a gamble everytime I go.

Prometheus trailer looks like the best 3D ever. Absolutely stunning and immersive. Edited by fishnets

I think it will be.It going to be one last tent pool films in 2D the others being Breaking Dawn and Catching Fire.

I don't think Xmen First Class2 will be in 3D. Edited by ECSTASY

Hopefully not.

I liked the last 30 minutes of Avengers in 3D though. Probably because it was mostly computer animated. When I saw it in 2D it definitely lost something. But I'm still on the fence with 3D. The only movies that have impressed me were Hugo and Avatar. The computer animated films look pretty great too. Unfortunately much of the format's issues are to do with the varying degrees of quality the cinemas project them at.

Midnight screenings for Prometheus are on sale for June 1st in the UK. Only the 3D though and I'm scared the theater wont make it bright enough. So risky. It's a gamble everytime I go.

Even if the format is interesting, that's my BIGGEST complaint.

Why 3D sucks off all the light?

It should enhance it!

I love Jurassic Park and it was a phenom in 1993, i'm not sure it would gross 700mil if it was released today instead of 1993 though and thats why i don't think adjusting films grosses work (especialy from different eras).Anyway it will be interesting to see what TA does over the coming weeks, it will also be interesting to see peoples reactions when the film comes well short of 600mil which it will imo.

It was the equivalent when it came out though. Except it was much bigger. I guess I'm more talking about the feeling of how huge it was. The only ones I can think of that touched it were Independence Day and Dark Knight. Phantom Menace too obviously, but that was a bit different.

Prometheus trailer looks like the best 3D ever. Absolutely stunning and immersive.

I know!! But if the projectionist decides to save some money on those bulbs then I'm screwed!!! Think I'll risk it though. By far my most anticipated film of the summer. Need to see it as early as possible so will be going at midnight.

Im` not crazy. They can stay in the closet on paper as much as they PR wants, we all know they are true and we cheer them. It`s really way too obvious. They don`t even try to hide it.

lolIn a way, i'm happy to see my dear Marvel characters so much embraced by general audiences.

This is the first time in history where my OW prediction was off by like $70M.Good grief, TA is huge. I wish I had joined its bandwagon earlier.

Don't feel bad about your prediction. There were no bandwagon. I mean the OW record was predicted by a lot, but no one saw 200m coming.
  • Like 1

It was the equivalent when it came out though. Except it was much bigger.I guess I'm more talking about the feeling of how huge it was.The only ones I can think of that touched it were Independence Day and Dark Knight. Phantom Menace too obviously, but that was a bit different.

Biggest movies of the nineties, tickets wise1. Titanic2. Jurassic Park3. Lion King4. Forrest Gump5. ID4 Edited by The Futurist

I know!! But if the projectionist decides to save some money on those bulbs then I'm screwed!!!Think I'll risk it though. By far my most anticipated film of the summer. Need to see it as early as possible so will be going at midnight.

No worries. It has many dark sceens that look incredibly clear so I guess that bulbs won`t screw up anything because the lighting in the movie is well used. Unlike, lets say, OST which was freakin dark in any D.