Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

It's never a great idea to start a movie with a slab of exposition. Sometimes you can get away with it if you're doing something fresh (like the original Star Wars), but it's almost the kiss of death to start off with a narrator or voiceover explaining a ton of crap... ESPECIALLY if it involves technobabble or total geekery. JOHN CARTER had the same problem (only much worse).

Seemed pretty easy to understand to me, and I've never read a comic in my life just seen the movies. So a better start for it would have been what exactly?

Something involving the main characters here on Earth, not some bullshit with a villain I don't care about talking with Skeletor in outer space. Nor did I care about Loki's sequence with Fury, Hawkeye, and the others. Just a snoozefest action scene without Stark, Banner, or Rogers involved.

Yeah, I am pretty damn excited.

As you should be.. Its awesome if you don´t have a negative attitude when you go see it like other people

How the fuck can people say that The Avengers is the best summer blockbuster film is absolutely beyond me.

-immaculate juggling of multiple character arcs, with each getting their own conflicts, moments to shine, and resolutions-genuinely laugh out loud humor throughout-villains and heroes that make you want to literally cheer and jeer them on-action scenes (including the single best one of all time that all should strive to live up to in the future)-never tries to do anything too excessively complex or unnecessary-plot is simple, but suits the overall scope and spectacle perfectly while still drawing you in-entertainment level is off the charts, if it could be anymore fun they would have to develop a fun formula based off the movie-repeat value is insane, credits are actually depressing because you don't want it to end ;)
  • Like 2

If Saturday's number is just over $70 million then there is definitely a chance the weekend figure is almost $200 million. I'm anticipating at least $190 million right now. Guess all it will ultimately mean is that it'll drop harder. Disney did a brilliant job whipping up the excitement for people to rush out, and it's a great summer movie. But once the figure comes out this afternoon we'll all be focusing on that second weekend. $400 million will be a formality, yet just how much can it push $450?