Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Exept the article just posted. ;):P

Unless a US media outlet posts how much a film grossed opening weekend in Canada, we Canadians have no way of knowing.

Saw this for the second time just an hour ago. Enjoyed it even more than the first time!(even though I had a massive panic attack about half way through the movie, and the attack lasted for the rest of the movie)

TA is a totally new entity. We`re yet to see if it`ll behave like an original movie or like a sequel/prequel.

It is more than original. It has never been done in the history of cinema.That is why it is performing so well.

Well, if you guys want to use semantics and say it's not a sequel, then no prolem. But you know what I mean. The reason sequels don't become the top grossing films of all time is because there are only so many fans of the movie and eventually, it will die out. Where as an original film like Star Wars, ET, Titanic and Avatar start slowly or slower. They build up an audience and they drops are even better as they go along. It's like a sprinter vs a marathon runner. That sprinter might get so far out in front but when it comes down to the last 5 miles, their lungs are burning and their legs are rubber. Same thing will happen to Avengers.

• Like 2

That's just strange, having your own country, but not your own box-office. :lol:

Yet, it seriously sucks.

Well, if you guys want to use semantics and say it's not a sequel, then no prolem. But you know what I mean.The reason sequels don't become the top grossing films of all time is because there are only so many fans of the movie and eventually, it will die out. Where as an original film like Star Wars, ET, Titanic and Avatar start slowly or slower. They build up an audience and they drops are even better as they go along. It's like a sprinter vs a marathon runner. That sprinter might get so far out in front but when it comes down to the last 5 miles, their lungs are burning and their legs are rubber. Same thing will happen to Avengers.

Oh, I agree 110% with you that it'll play more like a sequel than an original. But I can't call it a sequel, 'cause for me it's not.IM -> IM2 -> IM3Thor -> Thor 2CA -> CA2TA -> TA2That's how I see them as sequels. There are just in the same marvel cinematic universe. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe

Well, if you guys want to use semantics and say it's not a sequel, then no prolem. But you know what I mean.The reason sequels don't become the top grossing films of all time is because there are only so many fans of the movie and eventually, it will die out. Where as an original film like Star Wars, ET, Titanic and Avatar start slowly or slower. They build up an audience and they drops are even better as they go along. It's like a sprinter vs a marathon runner. That sprinter might get so far out in front but when it comes down to the last 5 miles, their lungs are burning and their legs are rubber. Same thing will happen to Avengers.

A balanced, intelligent assessment of the possible outcome of the film, without any blindly passionate hyperbole getting in the way of common sense. No "OMG!!!! THIS ROCKKKS IS GONNA GROSS 800 TRILLION DOLLARS!!!" here. BKB should learn from you.

On the contrary... Avengers has not performed like a typical sequel so far.And it is breaking out of the comic-book/action crowd and getting excellent WOM from everywhere. So there isn't an upper cap on its potential.