Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I'm pissed. Nikki/THR did nothing but revise down with their THG estimates. With Avengers it's up, up, up.

That's not true. One time it was up, up, up and then doooowwwwwnnn.

Wait a minute, who here said it would challenge Avatar or Titanic or TDK?I never knew movie grosses had a limit. I thought if they got an A+ cinemascore then they would make 500M+ guaranteed.I think people get this and this seems like an overreaction. I would be happy with 400M-odd. I'm not even thinking about anything beyond that right now regardless of the cinemascore.

Your not no.. others seem to be.Just trying to calm it down. I still think it will be frontloaded for a Marvel movie even within the OW. Its likely less people will see this than THG DOM. Thats a sobering thought.

I know you're being sarcastic but I can't tell toward whom.I predicted $400m in BSG I think or maybe $390m or something for math's sake, but either way, after having seen it, I knew it would be getting great WOM, the Cinema Score being an A+ or an A or an A- would make no difference, and I'm just saying that because already some posters think it means greater things in store.And all movies do have a limit. A movie like the Avengers definitely does. It's not able to get to Avatar levels, that's inherent. The whole risk/payoff thing.

I'm pissed. Nikki/THR did nothing but revise down with their THG estimates. With Avengers it's up, up, up.

That's because the Hunger Games would be more frontloaded than the Avengers...that was inherent as well for OD at least.

Pretty much everyone expected that 67m OD number to go up when it was announced. All I care about is the OW figure, something we won't have a good idea of for a while yet.

All movies are FRONTLOADED: ALL OF THEM.. You know why??? Cause it's the rush to toss them out on DVD/Blu-Ray to make even more $$$$$, so in essence, this movie isn't going to be anymore frontloaded than THG.. For Christ sakes, it's the beginning of the summer season with a movie like the AVENGERS that's received an "A+" on the Cinemascore and how rare is that to get for a movie supposedly so frontloaded like your claiming????

Was Avatar frontloaded?

AVATAR was more about the 3D Technology Cameron was hawking to the theatre owners more than the movie itself.. AVATAR 2 won't have any of the surprise that AVATAR had cause 3D is everywhere now and how on earth will Cameron top this????

But he always tops. We just have to wait and see how.

AVATAR was more about the 3D Technology Cameron was hawking to the theatre owners more than the movie itself.. AVATAR 2 won't have any of the surprise that AVATAR had cause 3D is everywhere now and how on earth will Cameron top this????

You said every movie is frontloaded. What does 3D technology have to do with it being frontloaded? Do you agree Avatar was not frontloaded?

He will probably have a tube in each seat that will blow air up people's arseholes and have someone hand out free muffins.

Oh... and it will probably have awesome VFX too...

Howe the fuck was Avatar frontloaded? Doesn`t frontloaded mean that people rush to see a movie OW which creates a huge drop next week,etc?

Neo asked BKB "was Avatar frontloaded?"And BKB's answer is "The sequel wont be able to top it."So I guess now we should know if Avatar was frontloaded or not.