75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

Who knows??? The only thing I can think of is that there are just some people that want to see the movie drop like this goof poster who refers to himself as RTX.. Oh and I noticed that I'm banned from any and or all threads relating to TDKR.. Why???? I thought this banning stuff with me was over with.. I haven't insulted anyone, no name calling, NOTHING and yet, I'm banned from TDKR Threads.. Because of that, I will say this: The Nolan fans who desperately want TDKR to beat out the AVENGERS in just abOut anything and everything are really setting themselves up for a disappointment.. 1 poster has TDKR grossing 250M OW.. Has this become a dick measuring contest or what??? You know how hard it is for a Movie with no 3D, A storyline that appears to be darker than TDK with a running time that's going from 2:16 to 2:40 minutes to reach this???? Your only going to be able to have so many showings a day to achieve tjhis ridiculous number of 250M OW.. Bottom line: It's GAME OVER

May it needs more actors to die to target that.

Who knows??? The only thing I can think of is that there are just some people that want to see the movie drop like this goof poster who refers to himself as RTX.. Oh and I noticed that I'm banned from any and or all threads relating to TDKR.. Why???? I thought this banning stuff with me was over with.. I haven't insulted anyone, no name calling, NOTHING and yet, I'm banned from TDKR Threads.. Because of that, I will say this: The Nolan fans who desperately want TDKR to beat out the AVENGERS in just abOut anything and everything are really setting themselves up for a disappointment.. 1 poster has TDKR grossing 250M OW.. Has this become a dick measuring contest or what??? You know how hard it is for a Movie with no 3D, A storyline that appears to be darker than TDK with a running time that's going from 2:16 to 2:40 minutes to reach this???? Your only going to be able to have so many showings a day to achieve tjhis ridiculous number of 250M OW.. Bottom line: It's GAME OVER

I'll check into it for you today BKB. I don't thin you're supposed to be banned from anything.

looking at Thor it had a big Wed Decrease and still held up very well over the weekend.however it appears to be it will at most fall 8% on Thursday...Anyways this film is still is heading for a min 95+ million weekend a sub 55% drop.

Edited by Lordmandeep

As I said it takes one number to just change things around radically.A stable Thursday, a larger/small Friday increase, a 40% Sat Bump or a 50% Sat Bump, a 35% Sunday drop or a 30% Sunday drop.With numbers this large any small change causes the weekend to shift around a lot.That is why even with around 12 million going into Friday, it could still end up with a huge 2nd weekend.Who knows slight lower weekdays could mean a much larger Friday increase then expected.

Edited by Lordmandeep

It'll be at about 12.5 on Thurs. It's doing more than 100 mill this weekend. Just look at normal multipliers for the weekend.

• Like 1

I think many of you are being too optimistic about Friday and Saturday increases. It's one thing to achieve an increase of 140% from 4-6M Thursday, but TA will be around 12M on Thursday. I think TA's jumps will be more muted as a result.TDK's and DMC's second Friday and Saturday were rather subdued. DH2's increases were just pitiful. I know this is far from a perfect comparison, but these are the only films I know, that were grossing >10M on weekdays.

I think many of you are being too optimistic about Friday and Saturday increases. It's one thing to achieve an increase of 140% from 4-6M Thursday, but TA will be around 12M on Thursday. I think TA's jumps will be more muted as a result.TDK's and DMC's second Friday and Saturday were rather subdued. DH2's increases were just pitiful. I know this is far from a perfect comparison, but these are the only films I know, that were grossing >10M on weekdays.

I have to agree. He's been right on every prediction so far. Hasn't he?
  • Like 1

But those films were in July. Other May films like SM3 and IM2 are a better comparison.
  • Like 1

I pity people that root for a movie's demise.This kind of behavior is so childish on so many levels. If we were being over optimistic about this weekend, you wouldn't have to root against the movie.I'll be the first one in line for TDKR, but people like RTX justify the bad reputation some factions of Nolan/TDK fandom have.Shame on you. Cry while THE AVENGERS will surpass the $100M barrier in its second weekend.

Edited by iJackSparrow

I'll be the first one in line for TDKR, but people like RTX justify the bad reputation some factions of Nolan/TDK fandom have.

Why call out just them? Other people on here have admitted they're rooting against TDKR. I don't see you calling them out. No need for double standards here.Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would compare the Friday increases of July releases with a May release. :lol: