75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

• Founder / Operator

Discount Tuesdays aren't necessarily available in EVERY area, but they are very common. Its typically dependent on the theater chain. For example, Carmike Cinemas offers bargain Tuesdays ($5 tickets and $5 popcorn).We've seen the effects of bargain/discount Tuesdays for several years though. This isn't anything new or unexpected. It first started becoming apparent in 2009 and 2010.

a 200% increase from weekend to weekend, that's quite a bold claim ;)Edit: Oy, I can't type today :PObviously didn't mean 200%, but around 100%. Yes I know it is in the 90's actually :P

I guess I can't type either. 100 million second weekend. 100. :D

I guess I can't type either. 100 million second weekend. 100. :D

Not as ballsy as your original predict but probably more accurate :P

I definitely don't see Avengers staying flat today. Tuesday looked stronger across the board than normal, so a slighty bigger than expected drop yesterday doesn't really have much consequence on Thursday.

Technically today, Thursday May 10, maybe the last day to see The Avengers in IMAX 3D in most cities because of IMAX's contract with Warner Bros.I've checked my city, and the 2 films occupying IMAX 3D for the weekend will be WB's Dark Shadows, and Wrath of the Titans (another WB film which has been out since March).No sign of The Avengers IMAX 3D in my city. :(

Technically today, Thursday May 10, maybe the last day to see The Avengers in IMAX 3D in most cities because of IMAX's contract with Warner Bros.I've checked my city, and the 2 films occupying IMAX 3D for the weekend will be WB's Dark Shadows, and Wrath of the Titans (another WB film which has been out since March).No sign of The Avengers IMAX 3D in my city. :(

Disney and WB came to an agreement to split showtimes.

IM2 you can use, SM1 you can't. Discount Tuesdays did not exist in 2002.

It wasn't that they didn't exist, they just weren't as popular as they have become. I remember going to a local theater just for that reason waaayyyy back in the 90's.

Disney and WB came to an agreement to split showtimes.

I read about that. Maybe in just particular locations. My city in particular though, and I live in So. Cali, doesn't have any showings of The Avengers in IMAX. Just DS and Wrath of the Titans... sigh.

EVERY showing on tuesdays in North America are cheaper, that's it?Whatever the movie, the screen, the town or the hour?

Not every theater. People just tend to go the ones that have it. AMC does not.

Lol. Wrath of the Titans still in IMAX?It's barely making $40k a day. Fail.

Yeah it's stupid. I have two IMAX theaters near me and one of them had wrath and to the arctic.The Smaller one was the one with the avengers. Very disappointing.