CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

It's getting alot of hate?

Not really, people love avengers, the hate comes only from some nolan/tdk fanboys. Those fans should really watch out, i know alot of people who lost interest in tdkr because of the pushy and aggressiv behavior of the fans.

A lot of TDK/Nolan fans on here like the film and have said as much numerous times. Also stop talking like the film is a 5 billion worldwide grosser or something, its a bit annoying.

You are right, I am one of them. But that doesn't mean there isn't something seriously disturbing with a faction of the fanbase. I never said that this applies to all of us, desr sir. Hence why I said faction, countless times. :)

People overreact everything. TA is a fun film, but nothing more. It's not even a great movie. It has a plot which is as stupid as any TF films and has the same silly third act. These are facts.

This is a definitions site - http://www.definitio...definition/fact

Get acquainted. You need it, as you mistake your opinion for fact.

Edited by Shantal

Movies will make what they'll make. Just have to go with the flow on that one instead of trying to understand it all. Why did the Wizard of Oz flop while stuff like Transformers makes a lot of money? These are the mysteries of our culture. If I had my way, Mask of the Phantasm and Batman Begins would have made more money than TDK but that's not the way it worked out.

True. In my eyes a movie makes what it makes. Second guessing is pointless.

Movies will make what they'll make. Just have to go with the flow on that one instead of trying to understand it all. Why did the Wizard of Oz flop while stuff like Transformers makes a lot of money? These are the mysteries of our culture. If I had my way, Mask of the Phantasm and Batman Begins would have made more money than TDK but that's not the way it worked out.

I'm out of quota so i can't LIKE you post but i agree with all of that except Mask of the Phantasm, i haven't seen it as i can't watch cartoons anymore for some annoying reason but i have heared nothing but good about that film for years.

"Not really, people love avengers, the hate comes only from some nolan/tdk fanboys. Those fans should really watch out, i know alot of people who lost interest in tdkr because of the pushy and aggressiv behavior of the fans."Yeah that is why I dislike the world of KJ forums.Its like TDKR is the second coming of christ and every film must as great as it or it sucks.Frankly there is no doubt TA is nowhere near as good as TDK, however in terms of fun...TA is the most entertaining films I watched in a while...THAT IS the reason why it is doing so wellITS FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bop: :bop: :bop: :bop: :bop:

• Like 1

Not really, people love avengers, the hate comes only from some nolan/tdk fanboys. Those fans should really watch out, i know alot of people who lost interest in tdkr because of the pushy and aggressiv behavior of the fans.

Some people who did love "avengers" did not like the TDK and you can say Avenger fanboys are being aggressive as well.

So A.O. Scott of the New York Times is a Nolan/TDK fanboy eh? Could have fooled me. Might want to actually read his reviews of Nolan's films, then read his review of Avengers. It is possible to criticize Avengers without being a Nolan or TDK fanboy. These generalizations are outright dumb.

The Wizard of Oz flopped.

Update from rallax:They have sold 1150 tickets now, at this time yesterday they had sold 550. It's heading to a 45 Saturday.

• Like 1

I am hearing, movie didn't deserve to break records. A lot of BS actually but it happens when a record breaker arrives.

Yeah, well that's typical- all succesful movies get some backlash whether it's deserved or not. I still wish TA didn't beat (crush) THG OW, but tough cookies- it happened. Same thing with Avatar being the #1 film of all time.
  • Like 1

And that's a concern of mine, since I am a Nolan's Batman fan, most of all the first film, the criminally underrated BATMAN BEGINS. People thinking some parts of the Nolan's TDK fanbase is extremely weird isn't news, but I always try to let people know that most of us are not like this. I don't know a single person in real life who has watched The Avengers and said nothing but amazing things about it. And since most of my friends love Nolan's TDK too, that's something I just see in the internet. Edited by iJackSparrow

Thanks to quotes, because I like using the site's ignore function :wub: I found out two sad things today.Getting blown in the theatre doesn't compare to the Avengers.And Titanic is a POS.I'm definitely using the ignore function right. :D