CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

TLAM is one the biggest surprises of the year along with THG, at least to me. I expected an 18M OW and 57M total, but it made 33M on its OW and 77M so far. I'm glad to see a non-Tyler Perry black movie doing good.

Avengers has absolutely no competition overseas.I hope MiB3 proves to be strong competition. :P

NO! TA is going to disembowel Shrikapoo tomorrow domestically since Katniss has already castrated its miniscule member and it`ll behead its pathetic carcass WW sometimes next week. And than, it`ll feed its OS remains to the dogs before Japan. Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

Fuck Avatar. I tried watching that on FX the other night, and passed out. Still haven't managed a rewatch since theaters. It's just not that special, and WOW, it really doesn't transfer well from big screen to small screen. It looked like a Final Fantasy game on TV whereas in theaters you felt submerged in the world... It's a shame that Cameron has stated he wants to focus exclusively on Avatar for the rest of his career.

Holy shit I tried to do the exact same thing and came to the exact same conclusion. The effects look really shit now. Heck, even ST09 looks better... but I came to that conclusion 3 years ago.

10 year difference...

True, but the cheese factor in Even Horizon is off the charts. The scene where :

The guy goes out of the airlock without his suit.

Was laughable. In content AND special effects. I seem to remember 1997 being able to do better than that.

Holy shit I tried to do the exact same thing and came to the exact same conclusion. The effects look really shit now. Heck, even ST09 looks better... but I came to that conclusion 3 years ago.

Holy shit i did the same thing, and i came to the opposit conclusion, after 3 years the effects still looking awesome :bouncy:Btw: next time, try watching it on a big hd with blu ray ;) The avatar blu ray is still reference in terms of visual effects and picture quality.sorry @mods for offtopic, but this just won´t stop :( Edited by dignam
  • Like 1

AWESOME, so happy for this movie, going to watch again this week :D

btw: i´m quoting someone from imdb :D

"There needs to be a new name for a law about how long an internet thread can progress without Cameron being mentioned" :D

It's inversely and exponentially proportional to the film's budget times the amount of money the film has accumulated Edited by tribefan695

Holy shit i did the same thing, and i came to the opposit conclusion, after 3 years the effects still looking awesome :bouncy:Btw: next time, try watching it on a big hd with blu ray ;) The avatar blu ray is still reference in terms of visual effects and picture quality.sorry @mods for offtopic, but this just won´t stop :(

Yeah um... 65 inch Panasonic viera 1080p, can't get much better... The vista shots look good, so do the vehicles. Everything else especially the animals and including the navi, not so much.