CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

Ticket prices have increased faster than inflation. I know several friends that almost never go to the theater anymore because of that. Hence why I think the adjusted gross is more important that tickets sold, because it represents how much real value customers were willing to spend to see the movie.

Ticket prices have increased faster than ticket price inflation? :P

But you know, it turned around and sold 35m more tickets at $4.28 each to reach 96m admissions. Yep! :lol:

Well, I don;t know about your experience, but when I went to Avatar for my second viewing, with my mom (second movie she ever watched more than once in the theater, with ET being the first) there were a lot of elderly people, and they did get senior discounts, and back then, senior tickets were about 5 bucks. And then, there were the kids, they also get discounts.

This film passed $350M in 10 days. That beats TDK (14 days).This film should pass $400M in around 15 days. That beats TDK (18 days).This film should pass $450M in around 20 days. That beats TDK (27 days).By the end of Memorial Day weekend, this film should pass $500M (25 days). That beats Avatar (32 days).Does that sound accurate?

Don't know. But it would be cool to see a list of all the records Avengers holds so far.

I'm done with the Avatar/TDK talk.

103 mill is just silly.

Silly is the new "great".

You know what's just silly too?

Add TA's 1st & 2nd weekend... and the result is ALMOST equal to IM or IM2 dom. total!

Also talking about ticket salesThere is no doubt about TA opening Sunday,That was no doubt the greatest Sunday gross in the history of the box office.

Edited by Lordmandeep

@ERCboxoffice

Marvel's THE AVENGERS has joined the 1%--$1 billion worldwide!!! Int'l: $628.9M - Domestic: $373.2M

Whohoo!

Marvel is probably... happy.

Let's choose a release date for TA2.

Also talking about ticket salesThere is no doubt about TA opening Sunday,That was no doubt the greatest Sunday gross in the history of the box office.

It was. Not quite enough over TDK's Sunday for a statistical win, but it more than likely has the record.

Agreed. Everything about TDK's Sunday it multiplied by 5. Total gross? Beat that by $13M. Admissions? Beat that by who knows how much. Studio projection? Beaten by SEVEN MILLION. But wait it's summer right? WRONG, only TDK was!The only thing better about TDK was the percentage drop, but TDK had a summer release and a "fairly" weak Saturday.