CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

I like Avatar quite a bit, but T1 and T2 do kick the hell out of it. Awesome stories and probably the greatest collection of action scenes in any movie (T2).

T2 is Cameron's greatest movie.
  • Like 2

AVATAR is a beautiful movie in everyway, connect with it and its amazing escapism, dont connect with it and all you will se is Ferngully inhabited by blue people. I think you need a good soul to connect with it, case in point the first time i saw it, i went with 'Dave' from my work who didn't like Sci-Fi films but was a really good guy, he thought the film was the best he had ever seen when we came out, he wouldn't stop playing the score at work on the computers! (we were allowed to listen to music over earphones). Now the second time i went to see it, i went with 'Chris' who was a bit of an idiot and trouble causer at work but i wanted to see it again so i went with him, well an hour into it he was like "enough with this 'Indian' shit, i just want to get to parts where they get shot to pieces", that said it all really.

I would like to think I have a good soul.
  • Like 1

lol you guys are funny...

As i was saying...

Saturday Night business appears will be much higher then last night....

That happened last week... So expect a big jump guys...

What about 60% jump? or 71.6% meaning 50M for Saturday?

As long as TDKR is the better film which I think it will beAvengers can take the money. TDKR can be a great film and make a fantastic trilogy.

Bullshit, tdk/nolan fans care very much about bo, otherwise they would`t go in rage-mode every time a movie owns it, avatar, avengers etc. And the new batman franchise got most of it`s fans, after it was such a monster bo-wise. After BB there were`t so much fans who were bad mouthing and shit talking every other movie. But after tdk sucess, wohhhoooooooo, man shit just got serious.

"What about 60% jump? or 71.6% meaning 50M for Saturday?"All I can say at least 40 million Sat easy...There are a few day time sellouts (amazing considering its on as many screens as last week) and many shows are full.If the trend continues to night like this, this should jump around 45-50+%

AVATAR is a beautiful movie in everyway, connect with it and its amazing escapism, dont connect with it and all you will se is Ferngully inhabited by blue people. I think you need a good soul to connect with it, case in point the first time i saw it, i went with 'Dave' from my work who didn't like Sci-Fi films but was a really good guy, he thought the film was the best he had ever seen when we came out, he wouldn't stop playing the score at work on the computers! (we were allowed to listen to music over earphones). Now the second time i went to see it, i went with 'Chris' who was a bit of an idiot and trouble causer at work but i wanted to see it again so i went with him, well an hour into it he was like "enough with this 'Indian' shit, i just want to get to parts where they get shot to pieces", that said it all really.

Since we're in the Avatar topic...

Just a perfect moment to use this:

Posted Image

The Avatar hate is over-blown.People either resent its success or its message.Either way the movie is average at worst. I think it has impressive visuals and action with important themes I agree with.I look forward to an Avatar sequel over most of Hollywood's lazy, mass produced crap.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 3

ALIENS by a country mile, but i love all his movies to be honest, he certainly knows what i like in escapism film.

I love Aliens but not as much as T2. True lies is very underated movie to be honest with you. I agree with you regarding Avatar. I don't understand the hate Avatar gets. I loved it when I saw it in the theater and still do. JC knows how to win me over with his movies.
  • Like 1

I would like to think I have a good soul.

I didn't mean people who didn't like the film are bad people!, forget it i know what i meant, it just came out wrong. :wub: I think if anyone on here has spent time on AVATAR forums, they would know what i was trying to say.