CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

Nikki already has weekend numbers but no Friday numbers. Posted Image

Those were not based off anything but her projections. That's why this thread never should have been started.

Too bad for people who have it on their top 12! Posted Image

I'll have to look into that. I think there were maybe 5, not many.

Shawn just texted that DS was absolute shit. He thinks it might open ok, but die out fast.

I was already expecting this based on the early reports. It is just very weird for the mainstream audience.

FRIDAY 4:30 PM UPDATE: Remember that these reports from my sources are still early. Warner Bros’ vampire sendup of the vintage TV series Dark Shadows began its release weekend by making a so-so $550K during midnight screenings overnight. But the re-teaming of Johnny Depp and Tim Burton isn’t drawing blood at the box office and only creeping out of the gate with about $10M today for at best a $32M weekend unless there’s a turnaround. Even with weeks of soft tracking, the comedy thriller was predicted to earn a minimum of $35M. But it should have opened to at least a $40M-$50M weekend with the popular Depp-Burton push that last sent Alice In Wonderland grosses soaring worldwide. Meanwhile the biggest is getting still bigger: Marvel’s The Avengers from Disney looks like around $25M for the day and a huge $80M second weekend. That means the holdover will drop only 70% after its record-setting domestic weekend opening. So what’s the total haul so far? Coming into Friday it’s North America $270M and internataional $533.3M for a global cumulative of $803.3M. Disney thinks $1B is possible for its superhero juggernaut through Sunday.

Those were not based off anything but her projections. That's why this thread never should have been started.

These 8 pages never should have been started?

Whao.

A non-thread.

Never encountered one.

Like a non-world

So that's the first real update. But it sounds too low and it will be again. I think it will be closer to 28 mill and hopefully 30.

FRIDAY 4:30 PM UPDATE: . Meanwhile the biggest is getting still bigger: Marvel’s The Avengers from Disney looks like around $25M for the day and a huge $80M second weekend. That means the holdover will drop only 70% after its record-setting domestic weekend opening. So what’s the total haul so far? Coming into Friday it’s North America $270M and internataional $533.3M for a global cumulative of $803.3M. Disney thinks $1B is possible for its superhero juggernaut through Sunday.

Meh!

A "3" in place of "2" is hoped very strongly here.

Pretty expected second weekend, it was never gonna drop 50% from such a record breaking opening.

It will. It's early. She was off by 15 mill last Friday.